• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ernie1945

1. Ernie1945

Code P104/ Exhaust modifications, how to fix? Need to tow with ” old red”

I am away from and don’t have tools to remove, will try to. Get control sensor regulator thing and see what happens. Idles and reeves fine under no load.
  2. Ernie1945

Everyone thanks for reply’s, I got the camper and got 200 miles by using higher octane gas , and no overdrive. I’m going to fix it before going further. No power for rolling hills. This trailer is 3800 lbs empty and we have a 100 lb generator, 50 lb floor jack and two people in truck. I see the...
  3. Ernie1945

If you play Utube, mine actually looks like the 2nd video with old guy with bald white hair. I think I answered my own question , butWHO DID EXHAUST UPGRADE AND DID IT HELP/POWER/FUEL?
  4. Ernie1945

This thing by oil dip stick melted. CodeP104 Can you run truck with out it functioning? Who modified there exhaust? No Cat, duals, etc. I have to tow a 4000 lb camper, and want to do it as is w/o fixing anything. It happened going up Mount Eagle on I-24, burned something out and now it...
  5. Ernie1945

Burned up Black ERG regulator sensor thing by oil dipstick. Runs smooth, good power, do I need this and is ERG valve probably stuck in one position. May need new converter? Need to tow 4000 lb camper right now. Ran 600 miles since this happened, AC no work w/ valve wire unplugged. replace all...
  6. Ernie1945

Shift motor woes. Shiftster still a thing?

See my homemade in tech library.
  7. Ernie1945

I made my own solution today, Front vacuum switch off, lines plugged, motor apart and parts used to make manual shifter. Cost zero$. Someday I’ll mod it to shift from inside. I was excited to see front wheels turn on jack stands w/one rear on jack?
  8. Ernie1945

Manual Shift for 98 4WD Ranger Electric shift BW1354 transfer case and vacuum hubs.

Well girlfriend wanted to transplant Sego palm, after much digging I attached the Ranger to the toe strap and pulled out with back wheel spinning. A 98 w vacuum hubs and 4wd broken/start of story. 1. Already did vacuum hub mod as seen onU-Tube and Forums. Works good hubs lock manually. 2. Find...
  9. Ernie1945

Anyone make/have the shifty’s? A little more electrical trouble-shooting and the motor is coming off and my mig welder to do something like above. I live in Fl don’t need shift -on fly.
  10. Ernie1945

Manual hub conversion — now what about those vacuum lines?

Wow, Is that thing hard to reach from bottom, Does it matter if you leave it plugged it? I have done hub mod and don’t need it. I am getting codes like P1838 and case won’t shift, and no click noise on dash switch.
  11. Ernie1945

Wanted Looking for a Shiftster

Thanks, I tried to buy this, and the company is being sold and has infilled orders. https://behemothdrivetrain.com/collections/all/products/borg-warner-transfer-case-electric-to-manual-shift-conversion
  12. Ernie1945

Wanted Looking for a Shiftster

Anyone have a good DYI , substitute plan?
  13. Ernie1945

98 Ford Ranger XLT

Hi, I joined for information and inspiration, motivation and access to technical data on how to fix and restore my truck. I am 74 , from Crystal River, Fl and brought this Ranger from Johnson Ford in Kingston, NY. Truck is stock with 106,800 miles. It lives in Shelter Logic garage in our back...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad