• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by crazybronco

1. Educate me on the V8 Explorer

So, I sold by BII a while back and I want to get another RBV. I am looking at the 96-2001 V8 Explorer. I do not need it for a daily driver (work from home) and I am not looking to make a serious off road monster (No SAS or wild lifts). What I want is something that can explore (Ha!) forest...
  2. Explorer for Overlanding

It has been a while since my last post here, I sold my Ranger a little while back and have been looking for a new project. I have been into Motorcycles and Adventure riding, basically mild off road forest service, fire roads and that kind of thing. However my wife just does not want to go with...
  3. Check it out, CVPI Rims on my Ranger!

Well I asked the question and I did not get a response from anyone who had done this, so I went and got so Crown Victoria Police car wheels and mounted them on my 83 Ranger. The wheels are 16in and the tires are 225/60-16. I am not sure of the width of the wheel. From what I have read the offset...
  4. Police car wheels on a Ranger?

I am in need of some new tires for my 83 Ranger. It is all stock 2wd 4cyl. I do not like the small stock 14in skinny wheels and would like something a little bigger. I found a set of police car wheels at a local yard for $150 with good tires. They are 16in. They look like the ones on this car...
  5. Anyone ever see a dash like this in a Ranger???

I was looking at CL and ran across this Ranger and from the ad he says it is all stock, but the dash does not look like it is original to me. I have owned several RVBs and this is strange. It looks like it was factory made, but not by Ford, maybe after market? Maybe for a large fleet order...
  6. Steering wheel and heater core

I have an 83 and want to swap the steering wheel. Can I use the latter pre airbag steering wheel in my truck with no mods? Also, how hard is the heater core to swap out. Does it come out through the engine side or interior? Thanks
  7. Has anyone used a 1 brl to 2 brl Carb adapter?

I am looking at the Trans-Dapt 2025 adapter available from several vendors. It would allow me to install the Weber DGV on my stock manifold, right? Anyone done this, and how well does it work? This is for a stock daily driver type 2.3L 2wd, 1983.
  8. 83 Ranger carb questions.

I have been doing some searches and not finding the answer that I need. My truck currently has the factory 1 brl carb on it and it just plain sucks. I have a Weber DGV that I want to install on it. I read about a conversion someone did but they started with a 2 brl intake and made an adapter. I...
  9. DIN dash trim in a Post style(83) dash?

I have an 83 Ranger and the dash has the old post style mounted radio. The PO installed a DIN radio and it fits bad. I have a dash bezel from a latter (86ish) Ranger that is good. Will it fit the 83? Also, can the V6 dash with Tach be made to work in a 4cyl?
  10. No Spark on 1992 4.0l, need help.

I have a 1992 4.0l Auto 4x4 Ranger. It was running just fine, but we don't use it much because we got it for my son that still has about 2 months before he gets his license. I went out to start it and it will crank just fine, but not start. I pulled the air tube off before the TB and shot either...
  11. 1999 A/C Always on? Is this normal

My A/C runs anytime the panel is in any position other than OFF. I know it should run in both A/C positions and in Defrost, but is it normal to have the compressor run in the other heat positions? It seems like a waste to have it going all the time. For now I just unplugged it due to it being...
  12. 190,000 miles on factory plugs

190,000 miles on factory plugs Picture Added Well, I have only had this truck for about a month. I got it from a friend after he blew the factory timing belt. I fixed that. I talked to him and found out the he has had it from about 40K till I got it at 189K. He said he had never changed the...
  13. 1999 A/C Always on? Is this normal

My 99 Ranger 2.5L 5 speed seems to always have the A/C on any time the heater is in any position but off. Now I know that with factory A/C it will come on with th e defrost to help dry the air, and of course it is on in both A/C positions. However, it does not shut off in the other positions. Is...
  14. I modified my Factory radio to hook up to my MP3 player

Well, I asked if anyone had done this and I got no response. So I pulled out my stereo and did it myself. My truck is a 99 and it just came with the basic radio and cassette player. I opened it ip and found that on the cassette player it had 4 wires that attached to the circuit board that said...
  15. I want to modify my Factory stereo, can you help?

OK, now I have searched this and came up with nothing. Also, my current stereo is a factory installed 1999 with tape deck, no CD controls. I found...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad