• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cbsremix

1. cbsremix

R7, R8 Axles Unicorns?

Hey guys I need some help I'm looking to buy yet another Ranger, this will be my 4th. This time I want a 4x4 but I'm looking for the axle R7 4L10 or R8 4L56 but where do I find them? I have a feeling they are under a automatic which I do not want. In the stx? Help.
  2. cbsremix

Block ID number

hello everyone am doing some homework for this motor swap am about to do. I have 1996 (ranger 3.0l) distributorless and a have a pre 95 motor with the distributor I would like to use it in my truck just change everything over from mine. I guess the question is will it work? from what I can tell...
  3. cbsremix

Big small problem

Hey Guys my motor finally blew in my 96 (distibuor less) ran into a 94 (with a distributor) Just wanted to know if they are interchangeable? I'm thinking about maybe using the long block? I don't have the ECM from the 94 or anything. any input will help.
  4. cbsremix

Daily driver is down help please

1996 3.0L so today I driving down the street as I shifted gears I flet a vibration in the clutch peddle then a lond noise from the tranny area like my starter was and fly wheel. Then the ranger die with the few tools I had with my figured out there is NO Spark! I list day light so had to tow...
  5. cbsremix

Yet one more qustion about lockers.

Before I put in this axle i brought that came off a BroncoII, whats a sure way of knowing the locker is engaging and disengaging properly? I had a buddy hold passenger side of the axle while I spun the driver side. He couldnt stop it at all from spinning. I know on the "open" diff. its effort...
  6. cbsremix

Why did I do something like this?

maybe this helps
  7. cbsremix

Why did I do something like this?

Hey everyone I need some help I picked a 7.5 with a locker yesterday but when I was checking it out I didnt even notice it does not have a speed senor. Now what? How will I be able to tell how fast Im going or how many miles I will be putting on the truck? the axle come out of a early 80's...
  8. cbsremix

At 55 mph the Ranger acts like its going to fall apart HELP!

Quick questions guys my daily driver to about to fall apart, its fine on the streets but yesterday I took it in the freeway and anything over 50-55 and the whole truck shakes so bad. It was mostly when the road curved to the left. I garbed the passenger side tire and pulled on it there is some...
  9. cbsremix

Why i happing to me? Cant shift.

hey everyone Im having a small problem with my ranger 96 3.0l 5 speed when I try to shift. In the morning or when its cold it will not shift.I have to slam it into 1st its like i dont even have a clucth. I notice my reservor for my thorw out bearing was empty so i filled it and 2 days later it...
  10. cbsremix

2.9 Wiring Harness

Im in need of a wiring harness bad, I have an 86 2.9 with a 5 speed tranny my question is what year ranger/bronco ll can I get it from? The automatic's will not work right? I just want to be sure before I buy one and try to swap it out.
  11. cbsremix

Spark, No spark,

So the truck is an 86 I was having problems I would drive down the freeway and the truck would die for about 2 sec then keep running. The truck did this for about a few weeks before I did anything about. Long story short the truck has spark then it does not. I have a frind at AutoZone that give...
  12. cbsremix

loud noise frim engine, oil pump?

I was driving down the freeway when I started to notice my oil presure was low at the some time my motor was making a chlicking nosie not like a rod but like a rocker arm, This happen once when I got the truck smog two weeks ago, could it be my oil pump? :icon_confused:
  13. cbsremix

2.9 tranny question

I doing a service on the tranny and want to know where the drin and fill plug is at? Is it the two blots in a shape of a square? theres three all together.
  14. cbsremix

86 & 87 intake the same?

I need a 86 stock intake, I found a 87 will it fit jut to smog it? what about the motor I they the same as well?
  15. cbsremix

my new 1986 2.9L california smog?

I found a 1986 2.9 L on craigslist for 500.00 I was going to green sticker it but after looking over the whole truck its in pretty good shape. Im wondering if there is anything that will stand out? for one if have an cold air intake that I have tro replace with the stock one. thanks for your inputs

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad