• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by briansz

1. Gen 1 T5 Swap

Here's an overview of my almost-completed T5 swap into a Gen 1 2wd Longbed Ranger. While not a particularly difficult swap, it's not as easy as it's made out to be in some of the posts/FAQ's either, at least in my early truck with the Toyo Kogyo tranny. Truck: '83 2wd 2.3L - was stock with...
  2. Fuel Economy of Autolite 2100 vs. Holley 5200 Carbs

Is anybody actually running an Autolite 2100 carb that can offer an average mpg with it for the 2.3 motor? My truck is: '83 2wd longbed TK5 Tranny 7.5 Rear with 3.73's '87 2.3 Block .030 over, decked .010, forged pistons/balanced '83 head ported and gasket matched, decked .020 Comp Cams .420...
  3. 2.3L 1-Barrel to 2-Barrel Conversion

I've completed my 2.3L Ranger 1bbl to 2bbl carb conversion today. There is a little tuning left to do, but the truck idles much better - OK, it actually idles, I'm loving being able to punt the damn YFA carb after all these years. Power seems about the same when you really get on it, a little...
  4. Setting initial timing (2.3 with dizzy) - High Idle issue

Maybe this is a dumb question. I want to know the correct way of setting initial timing after a t-belt replacement or an engine buildup. I've always been able to fudge my way through this but I can never get the truck running quite the way I want it to. Obviously the cam sprocket, timing mark...
  5. Any Differences between 1999 and 2000 3.0's?

My boss blew the 3.0 in his '99 Ranger 4x4 awhile back. We've found a low-mileage 3.0 from a 2000 Ranger for a decent price (I'd be installing it for him). Both motors have all accessories still mounted. Seems like this would be a straightforward transplant, does anybody know of differences...
  6. Fuel System Questions for 2.3T Swap

I got lucky this weekend on a trip to the junkyard. I found a '92 4-banger Ranger with the bed pulled off and the tranny removed. It was trivial to pull the whole high pressure fuel line setup from the tank to the motor. Since I had gone to the boneyard for sheet metal, I did not have metric...
  7. Where to Find factory Carb Specs/Tolerances?

I'm hoping that somebody can point me towards a place where I can find a manual or website that gives me some 1bbl YFA carb specs. I'm talking things like float level and drop, dechoke clearance, bowl vent adjustment, fast idle cam clearances. I own a factory service manual for my '83 Ranger...
  8. Looped Lines on PS Box?

I've been searching through threads on here for about a half-hour now, and it looks as if the best method to convert a PS box to manual would be via a line connecting the two ports on the box, correct? I have an '83 2wd with a very sloppy manual steering box and just finished tearing down an...
  9. Will 14" Wheels from a 2000 Ranger work on a Gen I 2WD (1983)?

Have a chance to pick up 4 wheels and tires from a 2000 Ranger for a good price. Believe the rims are the factory steel wheels (almost certainly from a 2WD). Tires are 225/70/R14 so they should clear just fine. I know the bolt pattern should be the same on my 1983 2WD, can anybody verify the...
  10. More parts, couple questions

Those of you who have been on TRS awhile are probably a little familiar with my saga to get my truck back to daily driver territory. It's been around 4 years now. The 2.3t is waiting in the wings, and I've successfully bartered for some garage space to do the swap in the spring, but in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad