• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86_4x4beater

1. DRW rear axle swap to srw on a Rbv ????

ok so i will be running 38's for sure ! since 35's dont offer that much ground clearance on a full size axle , another 1.5in that the 38's have over the 35's might be a life saver on the rocks .. and anything bigger then 38's would make street driving more difficult and jonny law loves to...
  2. DRW rear axle swap to srw on a Rbv ????

i might go full width since 35s will be the smallest tire i will run , maby 38's or bigger if i can find some good deals at the swap meet .
  3. DRW rear axle swap to srw on a Rbv ????

damn ..... that burst my bubble ... i thought drw axles were shorter to fit the 2 tires on each side . :annoyed: if the big ass stock drw drums and backing plates are changed over to srw brakes it still would be the same width as a srw axle ???? :dunno: my goal is i will be making...
  4. DRW rear axle swap to srw on a Rbv ????

nothing wrong with the stock axle now except its very weak and has over 230,xxx miles on it . i will be adding 35s or bigger tires and a lift Atleast 6in over stock or more . i really want to make it as close to indestructable as possible and i can get a drw axle for cheep . IM Not...
  5. DRW rear axle swap to srw on a Rbv ????

anyone got info on the "swap-ability" of a full size dually rear axle onto a gen 1 ranger ? i would NOT run duals if i swap it . i was just thinkin that the dually rear axles have a shorter wms to wms then a regular SRW full size axle . so in theroy it should adapt to a ranger with just...
  6. plastic t-case shift bushing ?????

while i was pulling the t-case and trans on my 86 ranger , the plastic bushing that attaches to the end of the t-case shifter on to the shift lever broke into little pieces .. so i thought no big deal , ill get one from the local auto wrecker . and all three of the bushings i found also broke...
  7. heavy duty dodge front axle ?

i had a ramcharger with the cad (central axle disconnect) so the cad side of the axle has a 2 piece shaft and a cast sliding tube to connect them......... i learned that cad also means NON trail rated P.O.S !!!!!!!!! if anyone uses a cad axle beware its WEAK ! and the cad side...
  8. 86 2.9 5 spd bad noise from clutch

hey all ! new hear having some trouble with my lill DaNgEr RaNgEr.......... i have an 86 2.9 4x4 with a 5spd . i got the truck for free but ther was a catch!! the clutch makes a horible grinding squeal noise but only when i push the clutch pedal in ! when i release it the sound...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad