• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 177CIOfPureLove

1. 177CIOfPureLove

Are Rangers geared poorly?

I have just about had enough of my 88 STX. The thing takes so much just to get moving, it really is too hard to drive, compared to even my 4x2 89' ranger. There is nothing low about 1st gear in idle, its like the thing just runs away. Even in 4wd low, its nothing like the crawl of a jeep or...
  2. 177CIOfPureLove

Front mount Reciever gen1

Well, I have wanted a front receiver hitch for the front of my '88 forever.So I fabbed one a few weeks ago.....what do you think? Its just some scrap steel I had laying around... I painted it with undercoat to make it durable to all the rocks and sand thrown up while on the pavement...
  3. 177CIOfPureLove

1986 Mercury 150 Black Max

Hey guys, I have a 150 mercury on my late grandfathers boat....I have always been an OMC guy, so this thing is completely foreign to me. I winterized it at the end of the season and went to start it today. Was looking forward to putting it in the water, after cleaning it for 6 hours. Went to...
  4. 177CIOfPureLove

No fire Bank 2

I finally figured out the problem with my 88'. She lost power a few weeks ago, turns out she is only running on 3 cylinders. Spark to all six, fuel only to bank 1. I pulled all the plug wires off of bank 2 and she ran no different. Start taking them off of bank 1 and she starts running like...
  5. 177CIOfPureLove

No Ignition during cranking- what have I missed?

Hey guys, I have done everything this truck needed to get on the road, I have been chasing this problem for at least two or three weeks now- This truck does not spark when you are cranking it. Connect spark tester, crank and nothing; as soon as the key is off "start" the motor sparks before she...
  6. 177CIOfPureLove

1988 Ranger- no spark while cranking

So, I do all the work to my 88 STX, it runs drives everything. Finishing touch was to put the carpet in. The truck ran great and consistently until then. Went to go start it to move it a day later, and it would not start. I get no spark while the engine is cranking, however i noted that the...
  7. 177CIOfPureLove

Speedometer/ Tachometer needles

My 1988 STX has the tach- speedo cluster, but the needle for the tack is snapped in half. She still works, just weird to have a stub for a needle...The overall look of it is driving me insane.... So I was asking, is there a way to swap the speedo needle off of my parts truck onto my tack in my...
  8. 177CIOfPureLove

Picked up an 88' STX....

I just picked this one up.....its about time I got something with some 4x4 capabilities.... Its also a High Rider.... extended cab which is really nice but I do hate the looks of it... The body is decent...interior is red, ew. Paint will surely polish up. These are pics taken today tomorrow...
  9. 177CIOfPureLove

2005 Mazda B2300 no power

It was a bad battery. Works perfectly.
  10. 177CIOfPureLove

All of the fuses in the panels are good, if I forgot to mention that...
  11. 177CIOfPureLove

Only to the radio. Although this morning when I opened the door the dome light strobed and a relay in the pass. kick panel clicked just as fast as it strobed.....I pulled the terminal off of the battery. . . .
  12. 177CIOfPureLove

Thank you fastpakr!
  13. 177CIOfPureLove

Hey guys, My dad's truck wouldnt start this morning, he called me and said that he went to start it and it was like there was a dead short or something and there was nothing. I looked at it, and the only things that come on are the key chime and the door light. The headlights dont even turn...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad