Recent content by 09fx4guy

1. 09fx4guy

Restoring '99 4X4

Great to see people who fix em up like this. You may put a bit of money into it, but it will be well worth it. It looks like a well kept truck that you will get years of use and enjoyment out of when you are done. Sadly my grandfather sold his 85 Bronco II when I was younger, but I have his...
  2. 09fx4guy

replacement door speakers, good, better, best

I used Pioneer G series 6x8 in my truck, which has the Pioneer stereo upgrade from the factory (subwoofer in center console). They seem to pair well with the subwoofer, and deliver good mid and high range. I think they were like 75 bucks for all 4 speakers and the wiring harness adapters...
  3. 09fx4guy

Biggest Tire Size

I didn't think so, but I had to ask. The results of attempting that would probably be funny. With a setup like that, the truck should be a beast. Are you going to put an 8.8 in the rear, or go big.
  4. 09fx4guy

Biggest Tire Size

Putting in a Cummins is a big change. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Will that bolt up to the 5r55e?
  5. 09fx4guy

Biggest Tire Size

If I may ask, what gear ratio are you running? I have 4.10 gears and run a 265/70r16, and the performance is satisfactory. You could even go to the 265/75R16 without sacrificing too much performance. The 285/75R16 would make performance a little sluggish with 4.10 gears. If you are running 3.73...
  6. 09fx4guy

Pull left

Did it only pull that one time? Or has this become a recurring issue? Can you describe the conditions when the issue started? (Not trying to be difficult, but the more info we have, the better)
  7. 09fx4guy

Just noticed a sale on Torsen units...

I have had a Torsen in the rear since new, and it works so well on the road in snow/ ice, I got a Torsen for the front diff. Absolutely would do again. If you plan on building something for dedicated off road use, go with a locker in the rear. But if your truck will be spending a majority of...
  8. 09fx4guy

Hella 100/80 watt bulbs.

I think that the wiring could handle it, but are you willing to deal with the consequences if it can't? Like 4x4junkie said, get a pair of aux driving lights. Walmart sells the blazer driving lights for like $20, wiring and everything. Used them for several years on my bronco and never had a...
  9. 09fx4guy

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build thread

Just went through this thread. Truck looks great, fantastic job with the bumpers. Keep up the good work.
  10. 09fx4guy

Dana 35 SLA Torsen T-2 LSD

As an owner of a Ranger with a Torsen in the front, GET IT!
  11. 09fx4guy

Why is it necessary to change torsion bar key on 2008+ rangers?

The keys for the later ranger will max out at a certain ride height. The older keys will reach that same height, and still have some more room to go higher. When you max out a set of keys, the ride will become harsher. When I upgraded and did not have the keys maxed out, the ride was noticeably...
  12. 09fx4guy

Possible leveling set up

Great! How does it seem to be working for you?
  13. 09fx4guy

Possible leveling set up

If I may make a recommendation, this is what I put onto my 09 FX4 Front- #1 Torsion bar, "pre key" torsion adjusters, and Rancho 5000x extended length front shocks Rear- Stock leafs, Edge blocks (2.5", not the 1.5"), and the belltech 6400 shackles. For the belltech, don't use the last hole in...
  14. 09fx4guy

Bringing the nose up

What is the code for the torsion bars? (F,B,1) If you have an F bar with 100,000 miles, it will sag a bit. You can switch to a #1 bar and get a bit of lift, Tasca carries them.
  15. 09fx4guy

rear axle upgrade

You can get gears and do a gear swap with your 7.5, but if it were me, I would look for an 8.8 and replace the entire axle. You may be able to find one with 4.10 with a Torsen. The 8.8 is an upgrade over the 7.5, if you plan on doing anything heavy duty.