• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1992 explorer

1. Jasonergle03

1989 2.9 to 4.0

I need some help I have a 1989 ranger 4wd automatic with the 2.9 I found a 92 explorer 4wd automatic with the 4.0 I want to swap it over into my ranger what all do I have to do about wiring do I have to take the computer and all out the explorer and put in my ranger or not ?
  2. Dropping a 4.0 into a 1985 ranger

Hey everyone! I'm sure this has been covered before so if it has, I can just get a link. But I'm putting a 4.0l from a 1992 explorer xlt automatic into a 1985 ranger that had a 2.3l with a 5 speed. My question is what all do I need from a donor vehicle? I've got the wiring harness and computer...
  3. 4.0 Wiring Help

89 B2 with 92 Exploder engine. When key is turned, the starter does not engage, and the check oil pressure light comes on. Could it be that the truck is completely miswired, or that the oil sensor is trashed? Help?
  4. 1989 BII 2.9- 1992 Explorer Wiring Help!

Well, as the title states, I need help with the wiring and vacuum hoses to complete the swap. I have not seen an 89-92 conversion but has anyone else done this with the same model years, if so, please help!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad