• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Anyone ever put an A4LD behind a 2.8l before?

Hey all, thank you for your time with my post. I have an old 85 ranger that came equipped with a C5. Well the C5 is now trash and i have a low mile A4LD from an 86 bronco 2. If i try to put this transmission behind my 2.8l what challenges might I face? Anyone ever done this before? Thank you!
  2. TK5 help!

My transmission on my project 1985 Ranger is missing the entire shifter assembly. I was wondering if anyone could give me a good website for a replacement for the assembly, boot (the boot on it is worn out), shaft and knob on a TK5. Also, when tearing out the interior I noticed that the bolt...
  3. 85 ranger 2.8L a/c delete

I took the compressor off since it doesn't work but don't know what to do about the two hoses connecting to it can I just take them off?
  4. Left dash cluster not working, at all

Hello, all. I have a 1985 Ford Ranger-specifically a December of 1984, a weird transitional model that uses a mixture of parts from 1984 and 1985, most notably a mechanical fuel sender in a 1985 tank. While this is my second car, this is the first one I've worked on. I know somewhere between...
  5. 85 2.8 to 4.0 w/auto ecu and fm145

I have an 85 Ranger with the 2.8 and manual FM145 in it currently. The previous owners got this engine way hotter than what I would like. I also happen to have a 97 explorer with the 4.0ohv. I've found plenty of info on swapping the engine in but I would like to do it without the expense of...
  6. 1985 2.8L 2WD Tranny Cross Member and Driveshaft

I have a 1985 Ranger 2WD 2.8L...what is the driveshaft length of a 2WD vs. a 4WD and are they interchangeable? Also, can an '87 tranny crossmember be used on an '85? The bolt holes look the same on-line, but ford's website gives every year a different part number even though they say 83-89 are...
  7. RangerBogger

E57A Transmission shifter

Hey guys, I'm trying to fix my 85 manual tranny. There is supposed to be a polyurethaine ball on the end of the stick but it came off in the slot its supposed to and is completely useless now. If I try to shift over into reverse the lever will pop out and leave my truck engauged. I need...
  8. Need help

Hey guys, I have a 1985 ford ranger 2.3l, it's a 4 cylinder engine and my goal is to replace the water pump. I am currently trying to figure out how to release the tension to remove the two belts that going through all the components. Maybe I lack some common sense but, I can't locate or...
  9. Buying a Bronco II guy says it has a.......

Buying a Bronco II guy says it has a 3.2l V-6 in it, i am going to drive over and hour this afternoon to check it out and we have been comunicating thru e-mail its a 1985. my question is has anyone ever heard of the 3.2l swap?
  10. 85 Parking Brake cable too short...

Hi Folks. Picked up an 85 Ranger 2.0 (same as Mazda B) for cheap. Runs ok, but the parking break never worked. Checked it out today found that the cable was seized, and had been disconnected from the adjuster. After I got the cable moving again, I went to reconnect it to the adjuster...
  11. My Bronco II - Engine swap.

Hey there forum, I am about to undertake a engine swap from a 2.8L '85 bronco II (Automatic) and swap it into a 84 bronco II (standard). If you got and tips or tricks or things I gotta look out for that would be great. Any help would be fantastic and met with great thanks. -Noah.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad