• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Patrick

Tire or bearing-like noise when turning left.

There is what sounds like tire noise or a wheel bearing gone bad when I turn left at low speeds. Nothing makes a sound when turning right. So I just replaced the passenger side wheel bearings, and nada, no improvement. The ball joints are less than a year old, and they dont wobble around. I also...
  2. Patrick

EGR Insufficient Flow

So I got an intermittent CEL a few weeks back. The stored code was 332 for insufficient flow through the EGR valve. So I decided to replace everything EGR... The dpfe sensor, the actuator thing, and the valve itself. Now the light comes on whenever I drive at a constant speed (say, 30 mph). Same...
  3. Patrick

94 B3000 SE Extended Cab 2WD

Thought I'd post a little thread and write the things I've learned about ranger suspensions and what not. Hopefully it helps someone out there, because I've had a heck of a time finding the RIGHT parts... BEFORE: THUS FAR: Got wheels from a newer b-series and stripped and powder coated them...
  4. Patrick

Stock vs aftermarket u-bolts

Is there any benefit to buying $160 u-bolts from Ford? I notice that they have a flat surface on the u portion of the bolt. I assume this doesn't concentrate so much force on a small area. Has anybody had a problem with regular round bolts? If not, why did ford do the flattened design? Sent...
  5. Patrick

Tire and Stance

Hello all. Thought I'd get some opinions if nobody minds. I've got a 94 Mazda B3000, 2wd. I'm trying to decide if I want it to look like a stock 4x4 with 255/70r15s or go with some wider tires and keep the street look. If I put the all terrains on, I'd lift it 1.5-2 inches. Keeping the...
  6. Patrick

Load adjusting shocks with rear sway bar.

Just switched my leaf springs side to side and added the official Ford anti-lean 1/4" spacer under the drivers side leaf spring to level the truck out. My next project is to refurbish (blast and paint) some 4x4 wheels and lift the truck 1.5" all around. For the back I want to put in some load...
  7. Patrick

Flared out ball joint dust boots

Hello all. First post here. I have a situation where my upper and lower ball joint dust boots are flared out toward the bottom. This has only occurred on the passenger's side for some reason. Do I need to pull these off and replace the dust boots, or is regular grease pumping good enough to keep...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad