• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lift spindle question

I have a base model 05 Ranger 2wd and it has lift shackles on the back. If I add a lift spindle to the front will the truck be level ? Ihttps://ibb.co/3syvtkN
  2. Timing chain issues after the fix?

I am thinking of getting a late 2000s Ranger with the 4L overhead cam but my worry is the timing chain issue. I know Ford eventually upgraded the timing chain tensioner but did this completely solve the issue or can it still happen?
  3. Intermittent No-Crank Condition

i see it's v8 swap so tracking down the issue could be hard since the wiring will be different then the stock wiring diagrams. For what it's worth my friend did the push button ignition in his truck for years and liked it.
  4. faulty brake rotor?

When I hold it at top and bottom it moves a tiny but noticeable amount. Nothing straight out it's mainly 12 and 6. I wish I had a dial indicator. I'm running 30" all terrains so they are bit bigger and heavier then stock.
  5. faulty brake rotor?

So new rotors and bearings in. I followed the proper tightening procedure. Still have the one wheel with play in it. I honestly am at my wits end. It makes no sense why only this one side has play. I assume it's better to leave it with slight play then overtighten it?
  6. faulty brake rotor?

No not that the inner sleeve. It's what the bearing race sits in
  7. faulty brake rotor?

Just update seems like it was faulty rotor. Im not sure the name if this part, its pressed metal lip the seal goes into it. On the bad side it's pushed way in. I'm thinking it's why I had so much play. Fingers crossed
  8. Loctite on worn spindles

thank you for the advice, i'll do that
  9. Loctite on worn spindles

yeah im tryingt to polish it but it's hard. Im using some 800 grit sandpaper after wire wheel to remove rust
  10. Loctite on worn spindles

Where the inner bearing runs was slightly galled so I smoothed it out. Bearing slips on well and it seems to measure the same diameter as the other side. I can't fit even my smallest feeler gauge between bearing and spindle. I thought maybe loctite would make it just tad more snug
  11. faulty brake rotor?

I've cleaned up the spindle and smoothed where it was a bit galled. I measured with vernier and it has same diameter as the good side and I can't slip any feeler gauge between bearing and spindle so think I'm good.
  12. Loctite on worn spindles

no the spindle where the inner bearing rides. it spun at some point slightly wearing it, not much but enough that it has some slop
  13. Loctite on worn spindles

I've read a few people lately myself included who have 2wd spindles that are worn. I've read of guys who restore vintage cars using loctite retaining compound to fill the gap on a spindle if it's not too worn. Has anyone here tried this? I want to give it a shot before buying a new spindle and...
  14. Low Oil Pressure at HOT idle... use heavier oil?

i know oil additives are just a band aid but for a high mileage truck like yours lucas oil additive or something similar may be enough to fix the issue. Cant hurt to try.
  15. Steering knuckle/spindle help

i'm in same boat one of my spindles is worn but finding replacement is a pain. I'm not keen on removing one at a wreckers since i need a lot of tools and time. I considered lift spindles since they are easy to find.
  16. Question on tires

The traction in these trucks is bad enough with stock tires. I went with 235/75r15 general grabber all terrain and its so much nicer. I don't lose traction In rain and snow nearly as much
  17. faulty brake rotor?

Yeah I figure it's best to do the easier solution first. I get new rotors and bearings next week. If that doesn't solve it i may just sell the truck. I dont want to keep pouring more money into it.
  18. faulty brake rotor?

I used 2 different shops just to make sure plus did it myself other times, otherwise I would agree
  19. faulty brake rotor?

that is a good point but the threads look really good. I had a 78 malibu and didnt maintain it for awhile so my bearings got fried damaging the spindle a bit but I still never had issues like this, i just cleaned it and replaced the bearings.
  20. faulty brake rotor?

Well if it was overtightened or installed wrong it seems odd it's only one side that has the issue. Its both the small and large bearing that overheat on that side. I had a mechanic I trust install them before just to make sure I was doing it right.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad