• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. saxtech

2003 3.0 Misfire over 3000 RPM and at hard acceleration

I have never changed the Synchronizer Shaft (if that is even what my problem is). It connects to the oil pump just like the old style distributers used to do. So I don't know how hard it is and I have read that you need a special tool to align or time it to do the job which I don't have either...
  2. saxtech

2003 3.0 Misfire over 3000 RPM and at hard acceleration

I have a 2003 Ranger 3.0 FF (only 88,000 miles) I have a misfire under hard acceleration and over 3000 RPM. No codes. No Check Engine Light. I found this Technical Service Bulletin but am dreading taking it to a dealer. https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/05-22-12 What should I tell the dealer so...
  3. saxtech

misfire at/around 3000 rpm

To the Original Poster - Did you ever find a fix for your misfire problem. I have a 2003 3.0 FF and I have a misfire under hard acceleration and over 3000 RPM. I found this Technical Service Bulletin but am dreading taking it to a dealer. What did you do...
  4. saxtech

My New House & Workshop

Oh my gosh ! Total code violations here in California. Romex can never be exposed. Must be routed behind drywall or in attic . Your pre-purchase home inspector should have caught that and warned you that it wasn't a permitted breaker box. If an actual electrician did that job, he should be...
  5. saxtech

2022 Ford Maverick

Yo You can get them cheaper than that. I got $4,000 off sticker for mine. Depends on the time of year. And mine was nicely loaded with the SV Value Truck Package.
  6. saxtech

2022 Ford Maverick

YUKKKK!!!! A truck with no frame ? Boron Construction ??? Please explain. Does this mean "Plastic" Construction ? Please tell me that it won't be Front Wheel Drive. If its not going to have an economical price point of under $20k which is what made the previous Rangers popular, then they are...
  7. saxtech

2022 Ford Maverick

I thought I heard this guy in the video say (at time stamp 4:00) that the new Maverick Pickup Truck was going to be built on a Uni-Body platform. Does this mean the absence of frame rails/channels ? If Uni-Body does indeed signify no typical truck frame rails, then I'm wondering if this will be...
  8. saxtech

Can you identify this bush / tree

Weren't we talking about the app called Google Lens so we can identify a flower, bush, or pickle ?
  9. saxtech

LOL :-) .... Good point but talking about ANYTHING the Google Lens app is pointed at could lead to an encyclopedia of topics. I see many threads here that turn into threads about Pickles. I don't know why Pickles take over the Rangers. But point it at a pickle, or a human body part. Then you'll...
  10. saxtech

Download the FREE app called "Google Lens" . Open the app, point it at the object and click the shutter button. It will use your phones camera to search for a match for any flower, plant or object.. Its a really fun app and you can point it at almost anything that you want to identify. I haven't...
  11. saxtech

New to The Ranger Station and Looking For Advice

I would just forget about this one. I know you say its "JUST" going to be a daily driver but you won't be driving it daily or even weekly if it keeps breaking down on you. In my opinion, it just looks like a big headache and a bunch of hidden problems that may get you stranded somewhere and end...
  12. saxtech

New to The Ranger Station and Looking For Advice

Did you say that the interior is a little beat up but nothing a good detail can’t fix ? ...lol .... I hate to be negative but its the worse interior I've ever seen. The door panel is busted up, the steering column clam shell cover is missing and why was it even removed ? The seat is torn in...
  13. saxtech

In general, how easy/inexpensive are Rangers to work on?

I used to have a '98 2.5 Auto. I was the original owner (for 20 years) and I made it to 405,000 Miles. I never had a major repair other than Brakes, Radiator, Water Pump, Alternator, 1 injector, 1 coil, ect... (original engine, trans, and diff). All expected normal maintenance items. You don't...
  14. saxtech

Center console

Those seat covers look like mine. I've purchased these for 3 vehicles and an awesome deal at only $99 per entire row of seats. MODA by Coverking Made To Order Custom-Fit Seat Covers, 1 Row per e-gift card purchase (Email Delivery) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com...
  15. saxtech

Center console

I had a '98 with 405,000 on her miles before she finally died and I was the original owner. But on to the OP's question: Those lids ALWAYS break because as we get into our trucks to situate our bodies, we lean on the arm rest lid with all of our weight and thus, we crack the thin plastic...
  16. saxtech

My New House & Workshop

Well, since you are not going to park on it and just want a patio, I would build a simple raised Redwood (or vinyl plank) deck with a simple railing raised about 12 inches above the ground.. All Home Depot items and a DIY project. You can later add a picnic table with an umbrella, some cheap...
  17. saxtech

Stripped screw holes for rear license plate frame in rear step bumper pad.

Oh my gosh grandma ! It's so BIG ! :bawling:
  18. saxtech

I'm still waiting for pictures of the tackiest sticker stack.... Please don't post pics of your tackiest vibrator. :scare:
  19. saxtech

How did we get from License Plate Screws to Vibrators ?:shok:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad