• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wcurtin1962

Finally. A permanent power steering whine fix!

I tried a in line transmission oil filter, no luck.
  2. wcurtin1962

94 Ranger Power Steering/Manual Steering Gear Box Interchange

Are there any differences in interchange between a power steering, manual steering gear boxes for 2WD 92-94 Rangers?
  3. wcurtin1962

2.3L ('83-'97) Need Upper Passenger Side Motor Mount For 94 2300 Manual transmission Transmission

The metal bracket between the top of the rubber mount and the engine block. I posted on Carparts.Com and got basic spam replies. I'll check again Friday. Thanks for the info. Worst case scenario I'll take the pieces into one of our better welding shops and see if they can do anything with it.
  4. wcurtin1962

2.3L ('83-'97) In cabin fuel pressure gauge

Fuel Pressure Sender Tap I know 3/8 is too big, just an example of whats out there. Gauge Pod Something else that may come in handy.
  5. wcurtin1962

1991 2.3L crank won't start, EEC draining battery dead

Also try pulling the fuel pump relay and cranking it. If it tries to run or pops you could have a leaking fuel injector. If so unplug the injectors one at a time and if the engine runs, that's the bad one.
  6. wcurtin1962

1991 2.3L crank won't start, EEC draining battery dead

If your battery has water caps you can test each cell by placing the positive lead tip into the acid the negative to ground. Look for a balance in the readings cell to cell. A dead cell will be lower or zero volts.
  7. wcurtin1962

Anyone tried a resonator exhaust tip?

I have been wanting to add a resonator extending the exhaust outlet to the back bumper to get rid of that irritating poof poof sound I can hear thru the rear window. But I don't think there's enough space to keep the heat from the resonator from burning up the spare tire.
  8. wcurtin1962

Company 23 2300 Timing Belt Tools

I have purchased 3 tools from this company for servicing the timing belt and seals on my ranger. They are excellent quality and at a fair price. http://www.company23.com/products/fordtools The axle tool in this link is for Merkurs not Rangers. They all are on Amazon as well.
  9. wcurtin1962

Purge solenoid lines routing

I have a 94, the ford manual shows the hose going to the throttle body, but I can't find a connection point. I guess I'll find it when I remove the throttle body to clean it.
  10. wcurtin1962

Just wondering

In my case no thanks, but you could try looking up 2300 performance sites.
  11. wcurtin1962

Intermittent Rough Idle

Check your motor mounts. When mine failed the engine was resting directly on the frame.
  12. wcurtin1962

94 Ranger DIS Module Bolts

Will its a 5.5mm. 774-13055 NAPA stock number if anyone needs one.
  13. wcurtin1962

Most reliable Ranger configuration?

I have a 94 2300/5 speed. With 230,000+ miles it still has the oem water pump and the engine has never been opened. The engine electronics are starting to show their age and I have started to replace them. With my Ranger the only problems I have had is the rear axle got noisy at 90,000 miles. I...
  14. wcurtin1962

94 Ranger DIS Module Bolts

What size are the DIS module bolts? I thought they were 7/32, but no dice.
  15. wcurtin1962

Service Manual For 94 Ranger

Is there a PDF download of service manuals for 94 Rangers here? I have been looking but can't find it. I downloaded a transmission manual a few weeks ago when some one posted a link to it on another tread. If not does anybody have a link for PDF downloads for sale? I found a site but wasn't sure...
  16. wcurtin1962

Advice Needed For Electric Fan

I got a 94 Ranger with a 2300 and A/C. I just discovered that a fan blade has broken off. I what to switch to an electric fan. Any suggestions on which fans/controllers are the most reliable?
  17. wcurtin1962

Joke/Leather Dress

If this is already posted I apologize in advance! When a woman wears a leather dress... A man's heart beats quicker, And his throat gets dry, He goes weak in the knees, Andhe begins to think irrationally. Everwonder why? It's because she...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad