• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. larsen101

oil filter relocationg

so im having problems with the oil filter housing, cant get it to stop leaking. the housing seems to be the problem. im looking to get rid of the housing itself and relocate the oil filter. im wondering if anyone knows if there is a filter relocating kit that bypasses the 90 degree bend housing...
  2. larsen101

would th egr do this?

So I put a new 2.9 in a few monts back and have been fighting with idle issues, idles high at 1200rpm when should be 800. I did not change any of the setting when's when switching parts over. I ran codes and it came up with egr faulty and temp sensor fault(I have a different guage for the temp)...
  3. larsen101

new engine troubles

so i put a new long block in my 87 ranger and now im getting worse mpg than the old one. i get anywhere from 10-16 if lucky it was 18-22. my question is what might be some things that would cause this to happen? timing, plugs, wires, cap ect... any help would be great.
  4. larsen101

front end panels

i have an 87 ranger and was wondering if i could take the front grill, hood, fenders from an 89-92 ranger and put them on mine with not to much work? bumper would be nice but not that big of a deal.
  5. larsen101

fan clutch question

how can i tell if my fan clutch i bad? im just not sure
  6. larsen101

is my compressor bad or something else

i have a 87 ranger 2.9 when at idle and the a/c engages it causes a lot of drag on the engine drops rpm down 200-250 and sometimes just stall the engine. would this be a sign that the compressor itself it going bad or is there another problem im missing?
  7. larsen101

no idea

new engine problems i have an 1987 ford ranger and just replaced the 2.9 with a new long block. everything is back in and seems to be ok. idles around 1000 and sounds good but is a little rough. i checked the vacuum pressure and its 19-20lbs and i hooked up a code reader to see if there is...
  8. larsen101

rpm issue when a/c comes on

i have an 87 2.9 and when just idle its around 1000 rpm but when i switch on the ac the rps drop to around 700-800 and runs rough for the few seconds that the clutch is engaged. im just not to sure if this is just normal of if there is some kind of problem that can be fixed.
  9. larsen101

recomended timing

what is the recomended timing for my 87 2.9l? could not find it in the book
  10. larsen101

coolant sensor

so i just put in a new 2.9l motor in and replaced the coolant sensor in doing this as well as to a 180 thermostat. problem is the guage inside the truck is saying the engine is running hot(above 3/4 on that little guage). so my question is what might be causing this problem? do i need to be...
  11. larsen101

engine sitting funny

so im working on putting a new long block into my 87 ranger. right now it is sitting a kind of funny and i dont really know why and just need some ideas on what might be causeing this. the engine is raised up more in the fron than the back. its on new motor mounts and is bolted to the...
  12. larsen101

breaking in a new engine??

so im almost done putting in a new 2.9 long block but need a little help with what i am to do about breaking it in and what all i should and shouldnt do. also would i be ok to take on a long trip with not that many miles on the new engine? thanks alot for any help.
  13. larsen101

new engine questions

so im almost done putting in a rebuilt 2.9 and im not to sure on how to go about priming the oil pump without messing it up so any ideas or help would be great. also i would like to get some more info on the break in period of this engine and what i really need to do so i dont mess up the new...
  14. larsen101

leaning to the left

so i just noticed the other day that my truck seems to be leaning to the left a little. i was wondering what might be wrong with it that would cause that to happen. seems to be more in the back than the front? any ideas or things to look at?
  15. larsen101

need some more info on heads

so im going be replacing my 87 2.9 with a new engine here in the next month but i need to decide if i should just get a remanufactured long block or get a short block and put the world product heads on it. i have priced it out and they are about 100 bucks in difference more for the short and...
  16. larsen101

replace or rebuild

so i have an 87 ranger with 2.9l its got a blown headgasket and needs to be replaced. my problem is to do the headgasket fix and hope there is nothing else wrong or swap the engine. just looking for some opinons/ ideas on what to do. the engine/ driveline has 290,000 miles on it no rebuilds...
  17. larsen101

4.0 swap keep of swap tranny to?

I have an 87 ranger 4x4 manual and looking to do a 4.0 swap but the doner has a busted transmission. my question is can my stock 5spd handle the 4.0 power or should it be changed as well. doner is a 94 explorer auto with a transmission that slips. tell me what you think. thanks
  18. larsen101

heater guage/ sens problem

so i bought a new temp senor and put it in just to replace the old one. After doing that the guage has been saying the engine is running hot, i mean like almost all the way to the top of the guage. i dont really believe it becuase it was fine prior. so my question is how do i go about fixing...
  19. larsen101

switches

looking for ideas on where everyone put aux light switches. i have a 87 ranger and not really to sure where it would look good and function well for the switches. thanks
  20. larsen101

hood louvers

has anyone used these/ have picture on a ranger. http://www.hoodlouvers.com/products.html#productshood thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad