• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help me find what I need! :D

I've been doing my best looking high and low for a truck to yank all the goodies from for a 4.0 swap. However, I live in northwestern Washington and I can't seem to find anything on craigslist or any junkyard that's got what I need. One of the most difficult things is even finding junkyards. I...
  2. Where to start with used 4.0 on stand

I got this 90-94 4.0 (think it's more of 90-92 but the stamp says it could be all the way up to 94) from a buddy's uncle lil while back without a whole lot of info on it. As far as I know the previous owner was going to put into a mustang of his until he realized it would've been to much work...
  3. Standstill on clutch removal

Alright, I was in the middle of swapping out the clutch an I was havin trouble removing the drive shaft. I wound up removing the tail end of the trans (where the shifter sits in. When removing the end I had to twist the part off, it didn't just slide backwards and for the life of me I can't get...
  4. Slave cylinder trouble

While I was trying to change out the external slave on a 92 b2600i things went down hill fast. There's a piece right before the slave that presses on the salve rod (don't know the name of it) but, it broke inside the transmission. Not entirely sure if it's the only thing broken inside or even...
  5. Any requirements to run great?

Let's say I have a 92 4.0 The heads have been ported/polished Got a mild cam in it (411? Idk) Headmen heads to y pipe And Tb upgrade Does this need to be tuned at all electronically? An can I run regular gas with this? I only ask b/c I bought an engine that's suppose to has the upgrades...
  6. Retaining 1st gen dash (4.0 ohv swap)

i've done a fair amount of research on the swap and i also have most to all the parts an pieces for the swap but, i can't quite figure out how to keep my dash. if someone has already done a write up on it please send me in the right direction. Would like to get a solid idea on this before i dive...
  7. 87 control module

i have the good ol' push button for 4x4, but i cant remember entirely if its powered by the ECU or the button itself (gets power from the ecu but it operates itself) believe it does. think i found the someone talking about it on here a while ago but i cant seem to find the thread again. im...
  8. Auto ecu for manual??

So i bought a wiring harness and ecu for my 4.0 ohv that i plan on swapping into my 87 5 speed 4x4 manual trans. i fear that the ecu is a auto but, im not sure as it is not in my possession yet. is it possible by changing wires/pings and still have all my stuff work? or do i have to change...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad