• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Which Ranger transplant is worse job to do??

Hi I gotta do something here but I dunno which job is worse. I got 86 RANGER 2.9LT Super Cab manual transmission 4X4, engine is no good. And I got 86 RANGER 2.9LT Regular Cab automatic transmission 4X4. Engine is great, tranny is blown. I can put Regular Cab engine in the Super Cab, or I can...
  2. starter bendix repair??

Hi 86 RANGER 2.9LT Super Cab manual transmission 4X4 Starter craped out on above old wreck, it was sitting for 4 years. I havent took the started off yet, gonna start on taking it off now. First thing I will do is make sure no starter mounting bolts are loose. The motor part of the starter...
  3. sputtering engine??

Hi 86 Ranger 2.9Lt. I brought it home on a trailer from junkyard where it sat for 6 years, I was told it had unspecified engine trouble. Since Im unfamiliar with fuel injected engines thot I would tell you what engine runs like. I just did oil change it ran the same b4 & after. Hot or cold it...
  4. replace ranger back window??

Hi 86 Ranger back window is busted, will back window from 90 Ranger fit??:icon_confused:
  5. Put new gas tank in bed??

Hi 86 RANGER 2.9LT Super Cab manual transmission 4X4 The old rust bucket gas tank, with seized in tank pump and fried sending unit aint worth time or money to fix up, so Im ditching it. I want to put a tank in the truck box, or bed as you call it. Its a real nice 30gal galvanized tank. From...
  6. 66 Jeep Gladiator PU 4x4 327 Vigilante V8

My Gladiator runs good but needs a starter. 327 Vigilante V8 Power Brakes and Armstrong steering Dual ash trays
  7. Clean inside of gas tank??

Hi 86 RANGER 2.9LT Super Cab manual transmission 4X4 Inside of gas tank has got lottsa rust and sludge from 6 year old gas, and loose chunks of rust sloshing around in there. The only thing I can do here is rinse it out the best I can with the garden hose, then drain it out, then put in a...
  8. In tank fuel pump quit

Hi I have 86 RANGER 2.9LT Super Cab manual transmission 4X4. The low pressure in tank fuel pump quit. I have a good low pressure in line fuel pump. Can I just splice the pump I have into the fuel supply tube between the gas tank and the fuel filter?? :icon_confused:
  9. I got Bazooka Joe running!!

Hi I brought 86 RANGER 2.9LT Super Cab manual transmission 4X4 home from the local junk yard on a trailer. It is said to have unspecified engine trouble. When I was trying to get it started it was trying to fire so I nursed it along with starting fluid tilll it could run by itself. Then I...
  10. What size star wrench for box bolts?

Hi 86 Ranger box is bolted to frame with 4 bolts that have that "star" head on them. I need to buy the star wrench that fits them. What size star wrench for box bolts?? :icon_confused: thanks
  11. swapping engines.. Questions??

Hi I have the Haynes manual for my Rangers, it tells just about everything, but it dont tell me about swamping engines. I have 86 RANGER PU fuel injected 2.9L automatic transmission 4X4, it has blown tranny and good engine. And I have 86 RANGER 2-door SuperCab fuel injected 2.9L manual...
  12. when will it tip over??

Hi I have 86 RANGER 2-door SuperCab 2.9LT 4X4, all stock. If I am slowly driving laterally along a steepening hillside, at what angle will it tip over, 20 degrees, 30 degrees, 45degrees, or what?? :icon_confused: thanks
  13. disable neutral switch nuisance??

Hi I have 85 ranger 5 speed manual 2WD Can you tell me how to disable the neutral switch so that the starter will crank when the transmission is in gear and the clutch pedal is not depressed?? thanks
  14. What was the "officially rated" gas mileage??

Hi I just acquired 86 RANGER 2-door SuperCab fuel injected 2.9L manual transmission 4X4 SHIFT ON THE FLY Can you tell me what the "officially rated" gas mileage of this truck was?? :icon_confused:
  15. How do I Shift On The Fly??

Hi I just acquired 86 RANGER 2.9LT manual transmission 4X4 Shift On The Fly I never had shift on the fly B4. Can you tell me the procedure for shift on the fly so I dont wreck something?? :icon_confused: thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad