• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 Ranger rear brakes

I replaced the rear brakes about a year ago with metallic shoes as they were the only thing I could get at the time. Ever since then after the truck sits over night when I take off the next day they grab like I had just gone through a river. They get better after a few stops and work fine...
  2. transfer case revamp

I know this has been hashed around for years but here goes. I have a 2000 Ford XLT w/4.0 auto and an electric (on the fly) transfer case. I would like to flat tow and to do so I understand you need a manual transfer case. Is there a way to rebuild the one I have and make it into a manual. I have...
  3. Transfer case

Hello all, I have a 2000 Ranger XLT 4x4 auto. w/4.0, it has the electric "on the fly" transfer case (a Borg Warner 1354) I believe. My question is can this be changed to a manual transfer case by using the parts from a donor case that is a manual? I would like to be able to flat tow it without...
  4. runs ruff when cold

This has been an ongoing issue for about a month.When I start the engine after it has been sitting and is cold it runs ruff for about a minute then smooths out and runs fine. I pulled a P0304 code (cyl.4 missfire) but I do not get a CEL. I checked the plugs and they were ok but I changed them...
  5. Auto locking hubs

I just got a new to me 2000 ranger 4x4,auto trans,4.0 engine with the shift on the fly switch on the dash. My question is with the truck in 2wd with the front tires off the ground should the front drive shaft move when I spin the tire? It seems to me that the vacuum activated hubs are stuck in...
  6. door lock problem

New member here,been lurking for about 7 years ,had a 94 Ranger that I bought as a commuter that had a salvage title. It only had 65k miles on it when I bought it but as it was such a good truck I figured on replacing it as it now has 140k miles on it and I figured on "upgrading". Well after...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad