• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 84tony

83-88 tail light socket gasket

Does anyone make the foam rubber tail light socket gasket for a first gen or do I need to make my own?
  2. 84tony

ACCESSORY SET UP

Your best bet is to use 96-01 Explorer FEAD brackets, water pump and timing chain cover. This is what I am using on my 84. I have AC bypass pulley on mine right now, but I will be adding AC later, it should just bolt in. It also gives you a lot more space to run a fan.
  3. 84tony

Master cylinder port question

I have an 84 Ranger that I have converted to 97 Ranger twin piston front calipers, and I have also changed rear axle to 2000 explorer with disc brakes and 97 explorer master cylinder. I am going to be making all new brake lines and install a disc/disc proportioning vale. My question is, does the...
  4. 84tony

5 to 4 lug conversion

Ford made a 13" rim with 5 x 4.5" Bolt pattern back in the early 60's. They put them on Falcons and very early Mustangs. Probably hard to find now but they do exist. 6-cylinder Mustangs from the 60's were 4 lug rims, not sure on the bolt pattern size.
  5. 84tony

Wanted first gen std cab center seat belts for bucket

looking for a set of center seat belts for a 83-88 standard cab with bucket seats, any color just no broken plastic sleaves.
  6. 84tony

First Gen Oxblood (Red) - Interior Color?

LMC truck has an interior dye (Dark Red) that is a close match to the Oxblood red, it's made by color bond.
  7. 84tony

Looking for lowered Gen 1 and 2 wheel/tire combinations

235/55 R17, sorry I don't have any side view pictures with the fender on. It should squat down another inch or two once all the sheet metal is on and interior is in. Also, the alignment is way off, the top of the tire is leaning way out.
  8. 84tony

Looking for lowered Gen 1 and 2 wheel/tire combinations

Here is a pic of my 84, I am using 89-97 DJM lowering beams and 97 spindles and brakes. According to the tech library 83-92 had the same track width, it doesn't say what the track width is for 93-97. I have 1" spacers so the 2011 Mustang 17 x 7 wheels clear the hubs. When I set the drivers...
  9. 84tony

Alternator Part No. & 1 wire options

If you still looking for a Ford 1 wire alternator, try this place. Ford 3G high output alternator high amp replacemen (qualitypowerauto.com)
  10. 84tony

Wanted 83-88 radio delete "no speaker holes" covers for top corners of dash

looking for dash corner covers without holes for speakers for 83-88
  11. 84tony

95 mustang 5.0 into a 99 2.3 ranger

94-95 Mustang 5.0's and 91-93 T-bird 5.0's water pumps are just about a 1/2" longer that Explorer 5.0 water pumps and are the second-best choice to use for a ranger swap. I put a 92 T-bird 5.0 in my 84 Ranger and was able to keep the radiator in the factory position.
  12. 84tony

E-brake Cable

Rockauto, has some
  13. 84tony

1986 ranger xl 2.8 part out oil city PA

This is a long shot but do you have the throttle cable for the 2.8?
  14. 84tony

Upper Radiator Hose

Yes, a 16" dia x 2" thick electric fan.
  15. 84tony

Upper Radiator Hose

Ramcharger90, can you take a picture more from the side of the truck so I can see what kind of clearance you have between end of the water pump and the radiator. I may have to move my engine back a little I don't think I have as much clearance as you do.
  16. 84tony

Turn signal lever

As you can see below the new lever has the markings on the top side. They are sending a free replacement with markings on the correct (front) side.
  17. 84tony

Upper Radiator Hose

My concern was mostly cosmetics, nothing wrong with flex hose, I just don't like the look, but I may end up using it for the upper hose. I am using flex hose for the bottom hose. I don't really like the idea of splicing two factory hoses together either. Just trying to see if anyone had a...
  18. 84tony

Turn signal lever

I bought the one from 5.0resto (LMR.com). I went to put it in last night and noticed that the white markings were printed on the wrong side. If I were to have put it in the markings would face the roof not the driver. I called them and told them that they were made incorrectly and they are now...
  19. 84tony

Upper Radiator Hose

That might be what I need. I don't like the universal flex hose either. Trying to make it look mostly lake a factory install.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad