• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Schnot

Stalls when leaving clutch out

My truck starts and idles fine with the clutch on the floor. When i leave the clutch out in neutral it starts to run rough and will stall unless I keep it revved up. Any ideas? Sent from my iPhone.
  2. Schnot

2.9 headers

What brand fits the best? I broke a manifold so I figure I just might as well put headers on it. 3" body lifted 89. Sent from my iPhone.
  3. Schnot

Hi lift mounts?

Finally breaking down and buying a new ih lift instead of using my paps old rusty farm one all the time. I would like to mount it instead of having it bounce around in the bed. But I can't see spending another 50-100 on a few pieces of metal from a jeep site when I can probably make my own...
  4. Schnot

School me in ARB

I bought an axle with an air locker already in it. But that's all I got, just the axle. My question is how exactly does it work? I'm assuming it needs constant air pressure to lock in and stay locked. What do I need to get it to work? Just buy a kit from arb or is there a more economical...
  5. Schnot

Bumper thread?

I know I've seen a few threads of showing off bumpers but can't seem to locate the right one from my phone. Would someone be kind enough to post a link. It's time to build one and I need ideas. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone.
  6. Schnot

8.8 swap driveshaft options

Got my 8.8 regeared and ready to put under the 89 but I just now realized that the yokes are different on the driveshaft. I don't know why but I never even thought to look and see if it would work without swapping anything. Can I just swap the pinion flange from the 7.5 to the 8.8? According...
  7. Schnot

Dana 35 swap questions

Couldn't seem to find my specific questions answered through my research. First of all could I get around shortening my driveshaft by using the shaft from the donor explorer? Also could i use the passenger side axle beam from the 28 and just swap the knuckle or spindle from the 35 onto that...
  8. Schnot

Got flex?

Found this on Facebook. Thought it was pretty cool so I figured I'd share. Sent from my iPhone.
  9. Schnot

2.9 has gas in oil

My uncle just acquired an 88(I think) bronco II. It starts and runs but it's getting a substantial amount of gas in the oil pan. Any ideas what could cause that? The first thing I would think would be rings and low compression but it doesn't smoke hardly at all. Sent from my iPhone.
  10. Schnot

Its only money. 89 Ext cab

Figured I'd start a build thread and try to be like all the cool kids. It'll be slow going and please pardon my ignorance. Ive worked on my own vehicles since I could drive, but never really "customized" any thing more than bolt on junk. This is what I started with: I bought it for the wifey...
  11. Schnot

What shocks for f250 Shock mounts?

I searched around and didnt really find what im looking for. Everything I found was info for a 5.5" lift and ive only got a 4" rough county with stock radius arms. I got my shock towers today so now I have to order shocks. Brand doesnt really matter at this point, I just need to know how long...
  12. Schnot

Playing at rausch creek

Some pics from today at Rausch Creek Offroad Park. Sent from my iPhone.
  13. Schnot

E brake after Chevy leaf swap

What did you guys do with the ebrake after you did the Chevy leaf swap? The write up in the tech section says that a bracket needs to be fabbed. Anyone have pics of how they did it? I just swapped in an m50d so I pretty much need to make it work now. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone.
  14. Schnot

Manual tranny swap woes

I have an 89 ranger 4x4 with a 2.9. I don't like automatics so I want to swap it to a standard. Read through the tech pages and many threads and decided on a m50d from a 4.0 rbv. Everything i read said that a 4.0 trans will work behind a 2.9. Went to the junkyard and found a 93 4.0 ranger...
  15. Schnot

A4LD to Manual swap?

I want to swap out my A4LD to a manual but dont know which one to go for. Ive got an 88 2.9L. What is the better trans? M5OD or FM146? From the research ive done I think I want/need: M50D from a 4.0L (lower 1st-3rd gear ratio) 4.0 Starter, block plate, flywheel, clutch assembly, starter wiring...
  16. Schnot

Rausch Creek 4/13

There's an off road race at rausch this Saturday. I'm going to go down and spectate and maybe do some wheeling since the NE property will be open while the race is going on. Don't be afraid to say hi if you see me! Sent from my iPhone.
  17. Schnot

Numidia, PA mud bog April 14

If you're in the area or just want to get away for a day c'mon out! Sent from my iPhone.
  18. Schnot

What rear shocks for 63 springs?

I recently got done changing the rear leaves out with 63" Chevys with 2" blocks. The 4" rough country lift that I bought used has shocks with it that in sure work fine for length, but they're shot. What shocks do I need to replace them with? Length, part no, brand etc... Any help is greatly...
  19. Schnot

Steering Stabilizer Sale

Rockauto.com has some wholesaler closeout steering dampers for my 89 ranger. I would assume that they fit all the other RBV's too. You only get a 30 day warranty, but for $15.59 you cant go wrong. Heres a link: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1137642&parttype=7412...
  20. Schnot

89 ranger lifting on the cheap?

I've got an 89 ext cab 4wd with 3" body lift right now. A friend of mine has some long radius arms that he says are superlift. He got them for his ranger but wrecked it and they have been sitting in the garage for years unused. My question is, can I use these for my truck if I get some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad