• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. every once in a while...

I have a 96' ranger 2.3L 5speed 2wd 155K. Truck starts fine, runs fine, idles fine all day sitting in my driveway. However every once in a while, when im driving through town and approach a stop, I press the clutch and pull it into neutral and the engine doesn't want to idle down. Once I...
  2. switch panel question

i built a panel with 6 toggle switches. they are to power relays for radiator fans, tranny cooler fan, lights, yada yada. i planned on bringing the power to the panel from the fuse box (via add-a-circuit). my question is do i need to wire the switches in series or parallel? i been searchin for...
  3. engine compatability

I got a 1993 ranger, 4.0L, 5 spd, 4x4. i picked up a complete 4.0L from the local ford dealership for free. Its out of a '97 exploder. its got 95tm heads on it, which are the fast-burn heads. or whatever you call em. which had the deep dish pistons also. my ranger has the earlier heads and...
  4. rear axle widths

i got a 78' f250 dana 44. picked it up last weekend. i was planning on narrowing it, but it looks just wide enough:D. so i need to find a full width rear end to match the front. my question is, what rear ends will match that front end? i know the f250 came with a dana 60 rear, but what else...
  5. waggy axle disco removal

i found a waggy axle, but it has a vacuum disco. in researching how to remove it, the info i have found said two different things. one said all you have to do is swap the 2 piece shaft with a one piece from a hub lock waggy. they are the same size. and a diff cover from a non vac disc. and...
  6. f250 lug conversion

i want a leaf'd d44 front end with high steer. can i use everything from the knuckle out on a 1/2 ton ford to change a f250 dana 44 from 8 lug to 5 lug? are the 1/2 ton knuckles flat top for high steer?
  7. j-10 dana 44

i have been searching high and low for a wagoneer axle here on the oregon coast with no luck. but i did find an 80's j-10 dana 44. i know they are wider than a wagoneer axle. my question is: is the width the only difference? could i chop the j-10 housing to wagoneer size and slide in some...
  8. 6000 miles and already worn out!?

I have a 93' ranger 4.0L 4x4, 150,000 miles on it. I just got a new clutch and a rebuilt tranny put in it in February. Now my throwout bearing is making the worst noise. It rattles so bad that it makes my truck almost sound like a diesel. My tranny is starting to whine in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad