• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. richard booth

Uh oh? Part on drain plug magnet.

Went to change the oil on my 4.0 that has run a little off lately, stumbles but then fine and this part was stuck to the oil drain plug? Can't remember what it is, help?
  2. richard booth

Newly rebuilt 29 cold tapping.

So I recently rebuilt the 2.9 in my wife's 88 Bronco 2, man it runs great, I put headers, exhaust (mostly because it sounds good) but my issue is that though I got new pushrods, cam and lifters and new heads (odessa) I didn't touch the rockers, when it first starts it has noticeable tapping for...
  3. richard booth

Rebuilt 2.9 taps when cold.

So I pulled and rebuilt my wife's 88 b2 2.9. Replaced cam lifters,pushrods, new heads (odessa) and it runs great! Problem is it has very noticeable tapping when you first start it up? Run it all day and nothing. I checked and all the pushrod to reused rockers "seemed" good. Do I need to adjust...
  4. richard booth

Fuel leak.

What do you call this part? It is leaking fuel and it is the last thing I have not rebuilt or replaced?
  5. richard booth

1989 b2 won't shut off?

So I got a 1989 Bronco 2 that wasn't running andthe guy said he had the transmission rebuilt and after he drove it a while it quit and wouldn't start well he played with a ton of stuff, replaced the distributor and TFI module, the ignition switch and the neutral safety switch, and after I...
  6. richard booth

Fuel line replacement.

Question is, what are the connectors for my 88 B2 fuel system named? I am going to replace the old plastic lines and do away w the hi pressure pump and run a intank pump and I want to get the fittings that will fit correctly. Thanks.
  7. richard booth

Fuel pump swap 4.0

So I finished my 4.0 swap into my 88 Bronco 2, man it runs like a beast. I did the 410 Comp Cam 4:56 gears with 33s Etc, but the fuel gauge doesn't work with the B2 fuel pump assembly in the tank so question is can I put in a 1990 Bronco II fuel pump and have that be enough pressure for the 4.0...
  8. richard booth

Rear hatch handle return spring?

I'm painting my wife's 88 and the hatch handle return spring was barely hanging on and when I disassembled the hatch the spring died. Is there a spring anyone knows of that will cross over or a replacement option for these? Thanks for your time.
  9. richard booth

4.0 headers on a 2.9?

I have headers for a 4.0 and I just finished my wife's 2.9 rebuild for her 88 B2 and the bolt pattern matches but are the tubes too big? Want to use them but not sure if it will be advantageous?
  10. richard booth

Got my 4.0 done and forgot where the "shim" washer goes for the flywheel?

Got the 4.0 done and when I went to assemble the flywheel and clutch I have a washer or shim w 6 holes that goes either on the front or back of the flywheel? anyone remember where the 6 hole washer goes? Thanks.
  11. richard booth

Burnt alternator plug.

So my 1988 B2 which has been bulletproof for 230,000 failed to start for my wife. Went to get it and battery was dead, put a good battery in it and was good for a couple weeks then died again, got the alternator off and the rear plug w the two heavy gauge wires was badly burned up. Question is...
  12. richard booth

88 B2 w 92 Explorer dash fuel gauge compatable?

So I pulled off a 4.0 engine and dash swap from 92 Explorer, 2 yr project that was so worth it! But can not get the Bronco 2 sender to sing happy w the gauge in the Explorer dash? I hook up the yellow w white wire and the orange ground to the matching explorer wires and only sits at 1/4 tank? Is...
  13. richard booth

Throw out bearing wrong?

I finished my swap (or thought I did) and found that I may have gotten the wrong slave throw out bearing combo? the clutch disengages well but when I hold the clutch all the way in it makes a not ok rattle or light grinding noise. when I do not depress it all the way it works fine. I thought I...
  14. richard booth

4.0 swap electrical question

Ok I am learning electrical and am not as knowledgable as I wish. Problem is after dash and harness swap I am not getting power to the inertia switch so no power to the fuel pumps. Power to dist box and through fuse there, but not to green wire at switch? Is it the relay? How do you check a...
  15. richard booth

4.0 swap sensor question.

not sure what the sensor at the back/ top of the firewall by the ac box is? map sensor? any way the 91 explorer harness plug fits the 88 b2 2.9 unit so my question is will the b2 one work w the 4.0?
  16. richard booth

91 explorer 4.0 to 88 B2 motor & dash swap question

So I am doing the 4.0 swap w dash and my question is about the wiring. I don't have power windows & door locks on the Bronco2 so I am entry level in wiring and want to know, should I just leave the connectors and splice the necessary wires, or remove all the wiring for the accessories I do not...
  17. richard booth

fuel line conversion 88 B2 to 91 explorer 4.0

I am in the middle of a 4.0 swap and I have never done fuel line conversion before. How do you mate the 88 B2 tank and return lines to the steel braided explorer lines? I did all new pumps and filter w original 88 plastic lines. Thanks in advance.
  18. richard booth

how many degree camber bushings for explorer front springs in my 88 B2

I was tired of the sagging front end on my 88 B2 so when I rebuilt everything I put in front springs from a 94 explorer and it sits perfect except now it has noticeable positive camber. Has anyone done the same thing who can tell me what degree bushings to order?
  19. richard booth

4.0 swap question about dash and pedals.

Ok I am going ahead w a 4.0 swap. I have a 91 explorer donor for my 88 B2, question is when doing the dash can I leave the plastic air box and ducting intact or do I have to pull out everything and use all the explorer stuff, reason I ask is if I don't have to swap the plastic out then I will...
  20. richard booth

m5od swap slave cylinder fitting question

Ok, so I am doing an a4ld to m5od swap in an 88 B2 and I have a nice steel braided line from the master to the slave but the trans is a 93 explorer and the slave fitting is different (earlier I believe, the black one), my question is can I get the earlier fitting for the 93 slave cyl? The custom...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad