• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5R55E interchangeability

The 5R55E finally went out of my 98 ranger 2wd with a 4.0.It has 287k miles so pretty impressed with that but I found a low mile one in a 2001 ranger 2wd with the SOHC 4.0 and been told yes it will interchange and no it wont so I'm at a loss at this point. Can anyone chime in on whether or not...
  2. 4.0 SOHC 5R55E work in a OHV 4.0?

I have a 98 ranger 2wd with an ohv 4.0.The transmission finally went out at 287k miles.I have a friend that runs a salvage yard and he has a 99 explorer 2wd that has the SOHC 4.0 in his yard that has a rebuilt transmission with only 200 miles on it.I think these transmissions do interchange but...
  3. M5R1HD Transmission INTERCHANGE

I have a 98 Ranger 2WD with a 4.0 manual transmission that needs replaced.I can get a M5R1HD transmission from a 2wd 02 explorer cheap and wanted to find out if it will bolt right in.Most places list them as 01 to 11 only but have been told several times they do bolt right in as the bell pattern...
  4. 2005 ranger losing oil

My dad has a 2005 ranger with the 2.3 engine and recently it starting losing oil somewhere.It will go down almost a quart within a week (about 150 miles)He has a check engine light and he took it to ford and they thought the pvc valve was plugged so they replaced it and the truck was fine for a...
  5. 94 explorer no power to fuel pump

I have a clean 94 explorer sport that developed an issue from sitting.I got in it last year to basically warm it up as I dont use it that often since its a backup vehicle and dont like to let them sit very long without running them.I got in it and it would turn over but not fire.I popped the...
  6. Coil/ignition issue 85 ranger 2.3

So I am working on an 85 ranger I have had parked for 10 years and cant seem to get it to fire.It is a fairly rare longbed 2.3 4x4.It only has 99k orig miles and was a super good runner when I parked it.I just never ended up needing it so it has sat for all this time.I put a new coil on it...
  7. 87 Ranger with a factory roller cam?

I just picked up an 87 ranger I have been after for awhile for parts and pulled the head off and noticed it had a roller cam.I got this from the 1st owner who used it to deliver papers and the engine had never been apart before.It was always my understanding that the ranger got the roller cam...
  8. Fx4 rear axle

Im looking at a 2002 FX4 "off road" ranger that was rolled.I was wondering what spline axles it has.I know the level IIs have 31 spline and thinking this one should have them also but cant find anything to back it up.It has a manual trans with a manual shift transfer case which I thought was...
  9. Felpro gasket screw up for 88 Ranger 2.3

I have a 2.3 torn apart from an 88 ranger and bought a felpro gasket set from advance auto and noticed the correct lower intake to head gasket was not there but there was one for the 89 up style 8 plug head.So I took it back to advance only to have them say that is the correct gasket lol.So next...
  10. cam change in a 93 explorer

I am curious if the cam in a 93 explorer can be changed without pulling the engine?I am assuming there's not enough room but have to find out.
  11. coolant getting in the oil with no obvious reason

Hey guys,my little 2.3 88 ranger finally spun a bearing last week after several months of knocking(it has over a half million miles) and about 2 minutes after that happened I started getting tons of coolant fogging out from the exhaust system..I thought head gasket at first and got a friends...
  12. C&L MAF sensor part # for a 4.0?

Does anyone have a part number for a C&L maf sensor.I called them and the woman told me they dont have and never made one for a 4.0 and I'm pretty sure thats not true.I need one calibrated for 24lb injectors.
  13. Looking for crane 99947 retainers

Does anyone have a set of crane 99947 retainers?They were discontinued awhile ago and I contacted them and they have no interest in making them again for whatever reason(guess they were too popular) and there tech guy told me they dont make anything that will work in its place.I spent an hour in...
  14. F62 axle code in an 84 Ranger?

I have an 84 ranger 4x4 with an axle code of F62.I think it is probably a 3.73 with traction lock but dont know why it has a 3 digit code as none of my books say anything about it.I am assuming it has something to do with the front axle.Anyone got any idea why there is an extra number?
  15. I think I found an 88 STX Highrider?

I think I just found an 88 ranger stx.It is a shortbed with regular cab.My question is did ford put a letter in the vin to verify this?The truck was tore apart to be modified but is still basically all there.Its been so long since I have seen an stx transfer case I forget whats different about...
  16. 1996 fuel rail upgrade

I read somewhere that the 1996 up 4.0 fuel injector rail is an upgrade for the 90 to 95 rail?Can anyone confirm this and why?I can get these fairly cheap and since I have my 94 apart I could add this if it has an actual benefit.
  17. What are the differences in early 4.0 gaskets,if any?

I have found a partial gasket set that is listed for 95 to 97 4.0 and it has everything I am missing in my 94 gasket set.Does anyone know whats different about them if anything.I specifically need the head gaskets and lower intake manifold to head gaskets.They all look identicle to me?
  18. Reuse old lifters or buy new?HV oil pump?

I am rebuilding one of my 4.0s and have heard all kinds of things on the reuse of lifters.First off this engine has 165k miles and was well cared for and all of them look very good with minimal wear.In the past I have always bought new but I keep hearing as long as there is no play in the roller...
  19. aftermarket 4.0 rocker arms

Has anyone used sealed power rocker arms for the 4.0?That is what my local advance auto parts sells for replacements for the stock parts.I assume they are better than the soft factory parts?I am trying to decide whether to go the delta cam upgraded rocker/shaft route or use the sealed power...
  20. 2002 Ranger FX4 axle 31 spline?

I am looking to buy a rear axle from a 2002 Ranger FX4 and I believe it should be the 31 spline unit but am not totally sure.I can get it cheap but dont want to alert the person selling it into thinking its special.So my question is were all the FX4s 31 spline.I think the Level 2s with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad