• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Difference between 1984 and 1985-1990 BII fuel tanks?

Going to start scrounging the junkyards for parts to do a fuel injection swap on ouy 84 BII. i noticed that LMC and all the parts places list a different tank for an 84 then the other years. There is an 88 in the junkyard, I was just going to grab the pump/sending unit off of it, will it fit in...
  2. 2.8L 130 amp alternator swap for 20 bucks...

I have done 130 amp swaps into Fox mustangs, and looking at the 2.8l motor in my 1984 Bronco II, it looked pretty simple. All you need to do is go to the boneyard, and grab an alternator and alternator harness from a 1994/1995 Mustang V6. The alternator is a direct bolt in, and the harness is...
  3. 4.0 into 84 bII

A few trans/transfer case questions. My truck has the toyo 5-speed, with the pilot bearing in the crank. Is the 91-94 Explorer 5-speed the same legnth, and will the stock b2 transfer case bolt up? If I end up getting an auto trans donor explorer, will the 4.0 motor accept the crank mounted...
  4. Strange guage problem 1984 Bronco II

This is a weird one.. started doing this a few weeks ago. 2 modes of strangeness... temp and oil pressure gauge both read higher than normal, fuel gauge works. OR temp and oil gauges normal, fuel gauge doesn't work ( needle stays below the empty mark ) Switches bach and forth between...
  5. 4.0 clutch into a 1984 2.8L B2

Have to buy an new clutch,starter and flywheel anyway. Only a few bucks more for the 4.0L parts, I read the conversion in the tech library for swapping a 4.0 into a 2.9L , but will this still work for the 2.8L engine with the pilot bearing in the crank? Also, will the 2.8L throwout bearing work...
  6. Explorer starter into a B2?

I need to get working on the B2 again, kid's been away so I have have been working on my projects for once. The crappy rebuilt starters have been giving me engagement problems, so I'd like to find an original Ford one to try. There are plenty of Explorers in the local pull it yourself junkyard...
  7. Duraspark/Pinto carb swap done! But..

First, I have to say thanks to this site for the help in the swap. Finally got everything back together, new intake and head gaskets, new valve seals, all computer and smog junk gone. (except for the cat converter) Truck started up , set timing to 10 degrees, choke is working. Problem now is it...
  8. Pinto carb/Duraspark vacuum questions..

Just got the carb today for the conversion on my 84 BII. Got one for a 1978 Pinto. Can I just cap off the bowl vent vacuum port ? Which port for the vacuum dist advance..there is one on the choke side above the throttle plates, will that work? Also, on the rear of the new carb there is a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad