• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Where can I get ...

Where can I get the headliner fabric used on the interior of camper shells? I was just given (gratis) a Century brand bed cap. Fits perfectly, no cracks in the fiberglass and only 2 broken windows, but horribly rotted head liner.
  2. Opinions please about my prob

I have an idea of what might be wrong, but I want unbiased opinions. The problem: The throttle will not back down in most deceleration cases. When I release the throttle to decelerate, the throttle will most times stay at the last RPM speed (clutch in or out). i have to come to a complete stop...
  3. no clutch pressure

1999 4x4 XLT manual with a 4.0 non OHV Very cold this morning when I got in the truck. Put my foot on the clutch and it went to the floor with no resistance. When I pump the pedal rapidly and repeatedly I get enough pressure to (mostly, not entirely) release the clutch. Clutch reservoir is full...
  4. Is there a full float axle i can put in my Ranger?

Does anyone know if there is a full floating rear axle that will fit (width wise) under my 99 ranger? I really don't want to have to shorten a longer axle but I want a better axle under my rig.
  5. misfire detector disabled

Could someone tell me what would cause a problem that would bring up a "misfire detector disabled" when I hook up my OBDII diagnostic computer? What and where is the misfire detector? Is it part of the coil pack? Is it a sensor? or a plug problem? Any help (other than it detects misfires) is...
  6. Gas Milage / Oil usage

I drove a 292 mile trip yesterday. It took 14.88gal of fuel (19.6mpg) and 10 quarts of oil. There is no visible smoke from the exhaust except at start or initial acceleration, pipe is black sooted, and the engine is clean and dry of oil spill. Is it possible that the catalytic converter would...
  7. O2 sensor question

99 4.0XLT 4dr 4wd Is the after cat O2 sensor voltage supposed to fluctuate like the pre cat O2 sensors? The pre-cat sensors fluctuate from .2V to .8V. the after cat O2 is steady at .650V to .655V. I think it may be toast. Opinions?
  8. Help - Oil disappearance

That's right... disappearance. Recently replaced heads with rebuilt heads. Took a 1400 mile trip over one weekend about two weeks after that, with no oil loss. Now, about 5 weeks after head replacement, going through a constant 3 qts per week. In a 99 4.0, there is NO smoke, NO oil in coolant...
  9. It is alive!!!

My 99 4.0L OHV engine has been running (not very well, mind you) on only three cylinders for the last year. The exhaust valves were burned. The number 6 cyl. was only about 85% intact, the #1 was about 75% intact, and the #5 was about 90% intact. None of them held liquid with the head upside...
  10. Let me pull the seat out of my a$$

I have taken to driving semi truck regionally on a seasonal basis. I drive agricultural belly dump doubles. The weather has been really rotten recently, today being an exceptionally bad day. While on the interstate, I looked up to see a semi from the other direction of travel sliding through the...
  11. Main Page Question

Will the Most Recent Posts come back to the main page? Made it easy to stay current on the topics.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad