• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Snafu

Ford oval emblems

so i saw a while back something about changing the color from blue to something else, i saw what it looked like in red and it looks great, i was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what colors look good, i was thinking like a green or black or something metallic (if that can come in...
  2. Snafu

Sloppy shifter

ok so i have a 5 spd manual and when i have it in gear the whole shifter handle moves like it would in neutral also when in neutral it goes way over to the passenger side before hitting the wall, if i remember i'll try to get a video and post it. it doesnt fall out of gear nor cause any issues...
  3. Snafu

Doin work

So I got some rust that I am gonna remove from the hood and roof of my 88 ranger, I am wondering if there is any issues with leaving those spots primered till i get the whole truck painted. This will probably have to stay primered and i don't want more rust issues
  4. Snafu

License plate light

My idea is abit weird but I was thinking about taking a piece of either Plexiglass or something similar and embedding an LED light into it to illuminate the entire thing for a license plate light, it sounds odd but bear with me for a moment. Im kind of thinking off those little light things that...
  5. Snafu

Original Owner Manual

So I was wondering... is there a place I can download a .pdf of the original owners manual for my 88 ranger xlt?
  6. Snafu

Opinion

This is a picture of my 1982 Mustang GL it has a straight 6 automatic trans, and in the background is my brothers 1986? bronco XLT it had a 351W 4x4 auto trans, as far as i know it wasn't lifted but not sure. I was wondering what your opinion is on bother vehicles, i don't have any more on the...
  7. Snafu

ranger types

as far as i know there is the normal ranger, the ranger XL the ranger XLT and the ranger eddie bauer, i have head that there is a lariat version too. i'm not sure how true this is but some insight would be helpful, thanks
  8. Snafu

original stereo questions

i bought a 1988 ranger XLT and it had the original cassette AM/FM radio in it, i have 3 questions about this. (1) i have a kinda of fuzzy radio connection, it isn't too bad but every now and again it will get worse, i have not experienced this in my other vehicles. is this caused by the stereo...
  9. Snafu

fuse panel question

i bought myself an 88 ranger and it didn't come with the cover that goes over the fuse panel, i am wondering what years would fit with the 88. the chances of the local JY having an 88 are pretty low
  10. Snafu

Ranger Noob help

Ok so I don't know much about rangers and my Chilton manual isn't giving much insight, i have a couple questions. I have a 1988 Ranger XLT V6 first question: My truck didn't come with a fuse panel cover so I was wondering what years would work for a cover seeing as I don't think the JY will have...
  11. Snafu

88 mods

even though my truck isnt running yet i'm just wondering if there are any chip/tuner mods i could do with my 2.9, i don't have a whole lot of money nor am i planning on modding yet but it would be nice to know whats available. thanks
  12. Snafu

Fuel Pressure issue

i just bought a 1988 ranger 2.9, when we were driving home with it, as we were on the off ramp it died i dont know why but after letting it sit a few minute it started up and we got it home, as we investigated further we found out it was having issues with fuel pressure, we replaces one fuel...
  13. Snafu

Hiya from Auburn Washington

i just bought my "self-bought" vehicle, it is a light blue 1988 Ranger XLT with a 2.9 V6 5 speed with overdrive, it came with a ladder rack but i think i'm gonna sell that. it has a few issues as with any $900 truck but it isn't anything i cant figure out :icon_twisted: it does have the factory...
  14. Snafu

My New Truck

Hello i just registered here in hopes of finding assistance, i just bout a 1988 Ranger XLT v6 5 speed, and when i pull the headlight switch one click it turns on all the parking lights, like usual, but when i pull it all the way out the headlights come on but all other exterior lights turn off...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad