• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stiluv

Nor Cal chat thread

Alright guy this is bs! The NorCal chat thread used to be the most active thread on trs! Now, no posts in over a year! I’m also to blame. Two kids and a mortgage got in the way. I still have the ranger, now on tons and 40’s with a exo cage and never gets used. I built a 5.0 explorer on tons and...
  2. stiluv

better late than never! sas v8 blah blah blah

well here we go! everyone has been telling me to start a build thread even though its mostly built. i started out with a stock 99 ranger 3.0 4x4. had some fun, broke alot of stuff. i got tired of breaking stuff so i put a d44hd under the front and a d70 under the rear. and broke more stuff. so...
  3. stiluv

v8 t case swap problems

about a year ago i swapped a 99 ex 5.0 trans and t case in to my 99 ranger. i tried to swap in a np 208 today and it was a no go. i got it to fit but the drive front drive shaft doesn't clear the tranny x member even with a clocking ring. i have a np205 but it wont bolt up to the tranny because...
  4. stiluv

5.0 fuel pump please help

I'm almost done swapping a 98 5.0 in my 99 ranger. I have to change the fuel system to a return style system. The expo pump won't fit the ranger tank and the ranger pump puts out to much presure. What pump do I use? I was counting on using the expo pump so I went on with the swap I really need...
  5. stiluv

5.o fuel system question

In less than two weeks I am doing a 5.0 swap in my 99 ranger. The doner is a 98 ex which means its a return style fuel system where my ranger is returnless. What do I need to make the 5.0 returnless? Just the complete fuel rails and computer? Thank you for your time
  6. stiluv

i need laptop help please

I have an hp g60 laptop its about three years old. Every once in a while when I turn it on the screen will turn gray and it won't do anything so I restart it and it works fine. Now it is always like this. When I try to restart it the same things happens. It doesn't even seem to boot up at all...
  7. stiluv

vision x tantrum led rock lights

i just installed my vision x tantrum led rock lights and they are sweet. easy to install it took me about 2 hours. they are available in several different colors, i got blue my bro got green for his jeep i would highly recomend them.
  8. stiluv

timing gear set in a 5.0?

has anyone ran noisy timing gears in a 5.0? i have always liked the sound and was wondering if they are as reliable as a timing chain set.
  9. stiluv

ifs steering mods?

are there any ifs steering mods that can be done to improve strength without dropping $400 on the camburg or dixon bros lt steering kits?
  10. stiluv

nevada peeps wanting to sign the banner

i have the banner as of today in nevada city,ca. i will be up in reno the weekend of the 29th of october for the zombie bar crawl. if you wanna sign it let me know and we can work out a time and spot to meet. your also welcome to join the zombie festivities with me
  11. stiluv

99 5.0 swap in need of answers

i am about to start my 5.0 swap in my 99 and have some ? what would be the best trany transfer case combos that do not need adapters? i would use the stock stuff from the expo parts car but its all wheel drive and the tow company that recoverd it towed it on a wrecker with two wheels still on...
  12. stiluv

norcal wheelin

just took a little trip to greenhorn in grass valley to try out the girlfriends xterra and it ended up being a ranger photo shoot.
  13. stiluv

07' kawasaki zx6r head gasket?

i just picked up a 07' kawasaki ninja zx6r for free on a lean sale. i started riping in to it and came to the conclution it needs a head gasket. i know nothing about bikes and was wondering if anyone has done one, how hard is it to do, and what parts am i going to need other than the head gasket...
  14. stiluv

96 explorer with 5.0 wont start

im working on a 96 exlorer with a 5.0 and it wont start. it has spark but no fuel preasure. the fuel cut off switch is good and the fuse and relay are to. what else should i look for? thank you
  15. stiluv

went threw another t case

i have a 99 ranger with a 3.0 and a 5 speed with a electric t case. i just destroyed another t case and would like to put a manual shift in this time. what years and motors should i look for?
  16. stiluv

explorer leaf springs

im thinkin of doing the exploder spring swap and was wanting some feedback from people that have already done it. the big thing that i would like to know is how do they flex? im trying to keep the articulation and possibly gain more. i would do the cheby 64's. i already have them in the shop...
  17. stiluv

need input on another d44 sas please

i just picked up a dana 44 from a wagoner today for free. im planning on putting it under my 99. im going to do leafs since it is easier. my question is what leafs should i use that i can find in a junk yard? thank you.
  18. stiluv

gen 1 cab on a gen 3 frame

does anyone know if a gen 1 cab will bolt to a gen 3 frame? thanks
  19. stiluv

winterfest in nor cal

whats up everyone. January 15th threw the 17th there will be a little 4x4 gathering in grass valley nor cal that is made up of mostly Toyota's. i would like to see some rangers out there this year so I'm not all alone. Hit me up if your interested. just make sure your rigs are legal. law...
  20. stiluv

broken input shaft

i have a 99 3.0 4x4 with a 5 speed. i some how broke the input shaft. does anyone know how hard it is to rebuild it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad