• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intermittent Heat

After driving the vehicle for a while the heat turns lukewarm to cool. If I stop or turn off the heat for a few minutes it may turn hot again but not always. Usually at idle it is hot but not always. What I’ve competed thus far: 1) Bypassed heater control valve and plumbed heater core straight...
  2. Flushed heater core now truck won’t run, misfire on all 6 cyclinders.

I didn’t have heat so I flushed my heater core and replace the heater control valve. When I flushed my heater core, I got water all over the engine compartment. This was two days ago and I thought maybe it needs to dry out, but I still get misfires on all six cylinders, engine won’t take fuel...
  3. Heater blows cold while driving, hot at idle.

This has been driving me crazy for the last few months. While idling the heater blows hot. After driving for a few minutes it starts to blow cool air. Change the heater control valve back in the summer because it was leaking. Burped the radiator several times, check coolant. Not sure what else...
  4. 99 Ranger Rear Brake Line Broken

I have a 99 ranger 4.0 and I have a leak on my rear brake line on the drivers side where it connects to a rubber line. I've been able to trace it back inside the frame rail and it goes in behind the gas tank and I cannot locate it past that. Does this line go all the way back to the master...
  5. Stays in first until let off gas, then changes no hold back in first

99 Ranger 4.0l, extra cab flareside. 138,000 miles Tranny started slipping between 2nd and 3rd a while back and had a delay when put in reverse before it would catch and would sometimes pop hard. Now hangs in first unless you throttle up and release accelerator then it changes sometimes rough...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad