• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. painterdude923

Issues with running HOT on freeway after switching to aluminum heads

My 1997 2wd ranger with a carbureted 302 ran at the right temp always when I had the cast iron 351 Windsor heads, then I switched over to a set of flotek heads,intake and cam upgrade, now runs TOO hot at freeway speeds but just fine around town and at lower rpm. I've been running a 4.0 radiator...
  2. painterdude923

Torque converter recommendation

I have been driving my 97 2wd with a .040 over 302, carburetor, AOD, 3.55 posi on a daily basis. Love the truck! The cams I'm running is a comp cams 270 magnum with 500 lift, Edelbrock performer intake, Stock converter about 1600 stall speed. Out of the hole is pretty lame until it gets...
  3. painterdude923

Fuel pump?

Finally started my carbureted 302 97 ranger. I have a Holley bypass regulator, edelbrock 600 carb, stock in tank fuel pump. When i turn the key to on position, Fuel pump pressurizes regulator which i set to about 5-6 psi, started engine and brought up to about 2500 rpm for flat tappet cam break...
  4. painterdude923

1997 originally 4.0 auto now 302 carbureted

I really should have investigated more before starting my project, i have a spaghetti mess of wires and plugs that won't be connected to anything.I'm wondering what does the computer actually run besides engine and trans? I would like to simplify things as much as possible. I can't even get the...
  5. painterdude923

1997 v8 carbureted with AOD starter wiring?

I finally got everything buttoned up and ready to turn the key. Wanted to break my cam in and check for any noises. When i turn the key the fuel pump starts working, then turn all the way to start and nothing. I have a high torque mini starter, ran a new 2 gauge wire from battery positive to...
  6. painterdude923

Autometer gauges installation wiring question

I have a 97 ranger that i have put a carbureted 302 with AOD trans. Hooking up an autometer monster tach, temp and oil pressure gauges. Wired the white back lights into the back of the fuse panel, tied into parking light fuse but have power to the back light always! I only want them to be lit up...
  7. painterdude923

Speedometer in my 97

I have put a mildly rebuilt 302 with AOD and carburetor. I'm wanting to install some new gauges and speedometer in place of the original speedo cluster. I'm wanting to cut down on the wiring harness that runs down to the transmission speedometer sensor. I no longer need any of it(that i know...
  8. painterdude923

Aod cooler lines questions

Finishing up my 97 2wd 302 carbureted AOD swap. Hoping to have it running and driving soon! I have a new 4.0 2row radiator with trans cooler and i have a b&m cooler mounted in front of the core support. Question i have is i want to use both to keep the AOD cool. Should i run line out to the...
  9. painterdude923

Alternator wiring question

Good afternoon y'all! My 97 2wd ext cab 5.0 swap is nearing completion. Carbureted 040 over 302, AOD, brackets from 97 v8 explorer. I picked up brand new alternator for explorer. I already new it has a different plug with only 2 wires used. Can anyone help with tieing that into my ranger...
  10. painterdude923

Radiator question

I found a 3 row aluminum radiator for a 98-11 but i have a 97. How difficult is that to make work for my truck? Engine is not in so easy access
  11. painterdude923

Need help 97 2wd 302 AOD questions

Need help with my 97 2wd. I have an AOD out of a 88 mustang gt with both th shift cable and tv cable and brackets from the mustang. I need to figure out what to do to get that AOD connected to my column shift? What shift cable and bracket setup would work best? And tv cable to connect to my...
  12. painterdude923

1997 air conditioning evaporator

I am needing to replace my air conditioning evaporator while the engine is out(easier access). Wondering if one from a 1999 is compatible?
  13. painterdude923

Replacing brake lines, flare question

I have a 97 2wd that i'm replacing the lines. I have a nice eastwood pro flaring tool that does great flares.my question is about the ends that go into the master cylinder. I don't know what kind of flare that is. Any help is much appreciated
  14. painterdude923

Switching to carburetor in my 97

Does anyone have suggestions for a good regulator to use so I keep my in tank fuel pump/sending unit in my 97? Putting 302 carburetor with AOD in. Before i set motor and trans in i'm trying to get my ducks in a row.
  15. painterdude923

97 ranger, 1 piece driveshaft, AOD yoke, u joint?

Good afternoon y'all! Working on getting my 97 extended cab 2wd ready for my 302 carb with AOD almost ready for the install. I bought a new ford motorsport yoke for my AOD and picked up a newer 1 piece driveshaft. Does anyone know what u joint I need?i picked one up today for my 97 ranger 4.0...
  16. painterdude923

front discs

I have a 2006 ranger sport 2wd. It needs front brakes. I have a 97 2wd that I just rebuilt the front end and it has brand new discs on it. the 97 is a project truck and sits alot. the 06 is my daily driver. I want to take the discs off the 97 and exchange them to the 06. is that possible? are...
  17. painterdude923

airbox

Hello. I have a 2006 ranger sport with a 3.0. I want to know if the stock airboxes from a 2.3, 3.0 and 4.0 are interchangeable? I put a cold air intake on and recycled my stock airbox(dumb move) and I want to put a stock one back on. my truck has not been good ever since the cold air intake!
  18. painterdude923

06 ranger sport shifting issues

I have an 06 ranger sport 3.0 auto. It runs decent until I hit about 4500-4800 and then it falls flat and doesnt want to shift. I have to let off just to get it to shift. doesnt matter what gear I am in. does anyone know what might cause this?
  19. painterdude923

2006 ranger sport 2wd 3.0 auto

Hey everyone! I have a 06 ranger sport 3.0 auto. when I floor it, it runs pretty strong(for a little 3.0) until 4500-4800 then falls flat and wont shift! I have to let off then it hesitates before it shifts. does anyone know what that could be? motor does run well though:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad