• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1993 Ranger 3.0 Timing Reference Pointer

I've been told my timing pointer is broken off. I had to replace the distributor after the gear was worn and it shut off on the highway. Trying to find 10 degrees BTDC and wire brushed the harmonic balancer so I can see TDC 0, 10, 20, 30 BTDC numbers and lines. Just don't see a thing to line...
  2. 93 Ranger 3.0 distributor problem

Last Monday on the way to work the Ranger shut off on the freeway. Had it towed home and looked it over. The rotor wasn't turning when the engine was cranked. I pulled the distributor (have never done this before on any vehicle) and found two worn teeth on the drive gear. (The bushings are...
  3. 93 Ranger 3.0 problem...

Hi guys, My 1993 Ranger XLT has had random stalling issues for some time. The first go around when it stalled, usually while cruising 35-60mph, it would not restart anywhere from minutes to hours. I had a new fuel pump, sock, and fuel filter installed and I changed out the fuel pump relay...
  4. Cruise loses speed uphill...

1993 Ranger XLT 2wd, std. cab 3.0 V6 automatic A4LD. Factory cruise control. Completely unloaded (except for me weighing in at 175 lbs onboard) and not towing anything, my Ranger will lose speed on a bridge of good size. Cannot maintain 65 or 70 mph (its even worse at lower speeds). Once in a...
  5. A4LD Problems AGAIN!

I have a 93 Ranger XLT 2wd 3.0 with the dreaded A4LD tranny. This was my late brother's truck and passed to me. The rear seal had been leaking and my brother messed it up royally by driving it completely out of fluid. Had it towed to a shop who replaced the A4LD with one I got from EverDrive...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad