• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Explorer to ranger

I'm trying to sell a 4.0l ohv that I completely rebuilt. It came out of a 92 explorer sport and I just want to confirm something. A couple people have asked if this would work in a 94 ranger that originally had a 4.0l. I tell them it will work, but there may be some difference in the wirring...
  2. Make 1 good trans from 2 bad?

So ive got a manual trans from a 1991 explorer sport 4.0 ohv v6. it has a broken case and sheared gears. my buddy has a manual trans from 2004 ranger xlt SOHC V6. Are they compatible parts donors for eachother? the finished trans would be going back in the 2004 XLT Thank in advance.
  3. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

I have posted about this ranger before, and it has a kind of long back story to it, so bear with me..... It my buddies 04 ranger xlt 4.0 SOHC. he started having issues not long after he swapped a motor and exhaust from a 2001 ranger. Its been a while so i could be wrong but here goes... It...
  4. M5OD - M5R1 ....?

So I recently did a full engine rebuild on my sons 91 Explorer sport With the 4.0 OHV with a manual trans and 4WD that we acquired from an impound yard for $200. it was in such bad shape that i thought I had better see what the transmission looks like... to my surprise, there are several...
  5. rebuilding a 91 OHV today

Rebuilding My sons OHV engine out of an Explorer sport, today. ALL THE WAY rebuilding. Any requests for pictures of specific things?
  6. Looking for an answer about o2 sensors *UPDATE* solved those issues, now have a p2195

So I am working on a friends truck. its a 2004 ranger 4WD 4.0l SOHC (VIN E). I am an ASE certified Master Tech, and for the life of me I cant find any info that is helpful. so i thought id come and ask the other experts. The friend is ussually pretty competent, but not this time around. he...
  7. starter Motor Short Life cycle

So I got this truck about a year, and one month ago... the day I bought it, they put a new starter motor in it, and said they had done it once before that close to a year before that.... so here I am a year later, starter motor is FRIIIIIIED!!! I opened it up and nothing but dust came out for...
  8. Bad Ground Issue, I Think..

Hey guys, Long time Reader, First time poster.... a few months back I was having ground issues with my Neg battery cable, (mostly because it was horribly corroded all the way thru), So I went ahead and replaced it with the oem replacment, did the positive at the same time. since then everything...
  9. Bad Gound Issue?

Hey guys, Long time Reader, First time poster.... a few months back I was having ground issues with my Neg battery cable, (mostly because it was horribly corroded all the way thru), So I went ahead and replaced it with the oem replacment, did the positive at the same time. since then everything...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad