• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cdawall

6.8L engine swap

Been amassing the parts to swap a 6.8L V10 into my 2005. So far from what I have seen online size wise the motor should fit. Couple of examples of the 5.4L fitting without cutting the firwall. The 6.8L just adds 4" in the front over the 5.4L and it ends up being shorter than the 302 from the...
  2. cdawall

Which way to tow?

So I am planning on taking my lifted, SAS'd ranger down to TX. I have to pick up my 94 XJ in Houston and than take them both back up to South Dakota. Round trip is around 2800 miles. Will be getting towed around 1400 miles. The ranger has the stock 4.0 SOHC with 38's and 5.38's. The jeep has...
  3. cdawall

new tires suggestion

was looking at some new tires on my ranger. its got a solid axle and i can do 6.5-9" of lift on it depending on what tires i get. tires i have been looking at no price on the pitbulls yet i called my local 4wheeler shop and he has to call them when they are open. i already have a set of 16"...
  4. cdawall

should i gt a diff cover?

found these cheap online.... http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Ford-8.8-Differential-Cover-p-2678.html i am already swapping 4.88s into the truck should i go ahead and get a diff cover to go with it? i have to replace the seal anyways and i kinda want to get a new one is it worth it or is...
  5. cdawall

bit the bullet

ordered a set of 4.88s for my rig...running 33s right now curious how they will handle with 4.88s and a dana 30 front
  6. cdawall

head unit and stuff...

looking at swapping headunits i have the factory Pioneer 6 disc and center console sub. i have been looking at the ghetto china-made head units http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Double-din-car-stereo-dvd-player-radio-dash-Audio-/330519368391?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item4cf47d52c7...
  7. cdawall

4 link SAS+lift

3 link SAS+lift its only a dana 30 I really don't want to hear how its not strong enough etc. its better than the dana 35 ifs I destroyed. mock up height of the truck this is with the leafs compressed+bilsteins i need some better backspacing for the rims :/
  8. cdawall

Cummins 4BT...2005 ranger edge

Been reading around some on the 4BT and it looks like the best option for me putting a diesel into my ranger. I am stationed in south dakota and need to keep the 4wd. The truck has around 5-6" of lift on it and a Dana 30 SAS done up front. The rear is 4-5" of real lift not running stacked blocks...
  9. cdawall

looking for a black 16x8

Anyone here know of a good deal on 16x8's for my truck they are replacing the oem 5 spoke 16x7's I want a black rim nothing fancy even a steely is fine. Pics of a rim on your truck would be nice too.
  10. cdawall

which locker

Trying to figure out which is going to be better for me elocker or lock rite...it snows pretty nasty up here and I like off roading I do weigh down the truck quite a bit which is how I blew the factory torsen ls (1 ton in the bed and one tire was on ice :/) Any suggestions I want to put it in...
  11. cdawall

add a leaf

I already installed a procomp short leaf add a leaf and it got me about 2-2.5" of lift I was lookin at getting a long style add a leaf too and dumping the factory 2" blocks. That would give me all leaf in the back and around a 4"-5" taller leaf plus some more load handling when towing. Now the...
  12. cdawall

cant get passenger side plug wires off

Dumbest thing ever I just can't seem to get any of the 3 plug wires off on the passenger side of the block. Got the drivers side without to much issue. Any tips or tricks y'all have esp for that rear one...
  13. cdawall

new tires and bumper

got me a custom prerunner bumper and some 285/75R16 cooper discover S/T here is a before
  14. cdawall

long trip tow

i am getting married this december and i need to know what you all think i should stop weight wise on my truck. it's specs are listed below it has a class III hitch package on it from Ford. i know that the hitch is rated for 6000lbs i have a 1300mile trip ahead of me in snow/sleet (houston-rapid...
  15. cdawall

Spring Creek (houston area) meet march 5th-7th

planning on hitting up spring creek before i head off to my new AF home in SD. anyone game for joining in?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad