• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lil red

led warning lights.....build i guess?

Hey guys. Thought id make a thread for my light install To start off im a volunteer firefighter and ambulance driver( hopefully soon to be lieutenant and emt) and my current light setup is not only ghetto but infective. I currintly run a federal signal slim something or other that was once...
  2. lil red

quick question On lift blocks

Hey guys. Havent been on here in quite some time. But im finally back in a ranger so heres my issue, i just finnished up my front spring hangers, shock brackets,and new shocks (thanks jim for the best price around and ridiculous fast shipping ) and i also put a set of explorer springs in...
  3. lil red

post your snow pix!!!

hi all, took some pics of my snowday toys past present and future(quad in the trailor,tj,and my 85) post em up and see what everyone's got sorry it isnt all rbv's but its all iv got for now and one hell of a fun time in the snow tell me that spare cover isnt BA!!:headbang: and what i...
  4. lil red

thinking of buying a new truck(old actually)

thinking of buying an 88 2500 power ram its a 4 speed 4x4, id assume its a 318? it says v8 on the for sale thing thats all i really know, gonna look at it tomorrow night they only want $750 and it runs so, good buy, bad buy, any common problems it will be a dd for a while, and my tow rig for...
  5. lil red

no voltage to fuel pump

88 ranger, 4x4,5 speed, doesnt seem to have voltage to fuel pump new pump, fuse is ok, any ideas, i gotta check the grounds, past that im lost, mabe a chaffed wire? any common problems
  6. lil red

quieter/more backpreassure needed

hey yall, just bolted up a flowmaster super 40 or 44(i dont know or care for the price:D) and its just so damn loud, its a 3" inlet/outlet and a 2" reducer for the inlet, should i reduce the outlet, i want to quiet it down allot too, mabe some type of mesch screen mabe what should i do, 3"...
  7. lil red

Project: Good as New

hey guys iv had my 85 since i was 13, thats 4 years and it needed major rust repair and valve stem seals, so my father decides to do a full rebuild, its been a work in progress for 2 years now and i just want it done What iv done: full brake system exept for 2 lines pads rotors calipers drums...
  8. lil red

big problems with my 2.8

i hae a huge problem, i am in the middle of rebuilding a 2.8 and have found that the fromt bolt into the crankshaft is missing, does anybody have the specs on this bolt or have one they would sell me? i really need to get this truch done also if anyone has any suggestions on how to remove...
  9. lil red

real quick rigs of rods help

can someone please talk me off the ledge here i tryed to start playing multiplayer for the first time, and went on the wikipedia site and it says to open the confugureator but it doesnt say ANYWHERE on either site how to open it thanks in advance, this is drivin me crazy
  10. lil red

help with 81 yamaha maxim

hey guys, i just finnished up my 81 yamaha fix up with a new battery today and i cant get the bike to actually run, itl turn over and backfire now and then but it wont run for more than a sec. i pulled and cleaned all 4 plugs(4 cylinder) and tomorrow in going to drain all the gas out of it...
  11. lil red

shift knob ?

i bought a new shift knob, but the hole is the wrong size(meant to be a jockey shift for a motorcycle) does anybody have any idea on the size i should drill it to and what else i should to to secure it(it has set screw holes,but no screws) also, is the leaver on an 854x4,(2.8), and an...
  12. lil red

a good day with friends

these are from last summer(about july 10th) meet the blue bomber me driving it(my friends truck) and the worst part of the day, and just rember kiddys, dont use the words "no balls" when you dont have a big enough truck to fix your mistake he wasnt happy out tools; one jeep wrangler(4.0...
  13. lil red

never let idiots work on your truck...

it explains itself
  14. lil red

the new dd

ok iv been promicing pics of my 88, and i finally had the time to take a few ,so here they are the light bar off the other truck and some cheepo lights, and my dice:icon_bounceblue: my exaust,notice the placement:icon_hornsup::thefinger: and the sticker on the gas door, idk y i took a...
  15. lil red

Yay, new truck

hey guys i just picked up another ranger its an 88,4x4 4 speed standard cab longbed with a 2.9, and it runs ok, but i just have a couple ?s it doesnt have any pober lowend, and tends to buck a lil bit?, its getting a fuel filter and possibly the in tank pump the temp and gas gaidge dont...
  16. lil red

a few duraspark ?s

hey i was thinling about doing a duraspark swap as soon as i get my truck ready to reassemble it so i wanted to make sure of a few things what carbs can i use with the setup, i have a bunch of old ford 2bbl v8 carbs i can have, not sure wich ones will work will it still pass emmisions? i live...
  17. lil red

need some help with the jeep

hey, guys, just re did the intake/exaust gasket on mommas jeep, and now it has a hige high idle problem, its a 97, wrangler, 2.5 I4, 5 speed any ideas or sugestions, i gotta drive it until the ranger is on the road, so i want it to run correctley thanks guys
  18. lil red

airbag light?

so are they bad, good to be on, will it fail inspection with it on (new jersey) will it fail the drivers liscince on road test(nj also) im about to go and take my liscince test and the 2 easiest cars to do it in both have the airbag light on, no good so does anyone know what it means that...
  19. lil red

any fire fighters/juniors/cadets here?

hey, sitting here listning to thunder and the scanner for calls(none for 52,all 51)(im a member of 52) and lust wanted to ask what is your favorite call and why, gotta go, alarm!!!! ok, good timeing o and one more thing, whats your favorite rig, and why(any antiques included) mine is just...
  20. lil red

Lil Red's buildup!!! finally

ill start with a little background my truck is an 85 ranger xl, 4speed, manual t case, 4 inch skyjacker lift, with 31 inch goodyear wranglerAT's(discontinued i think) soon to get 2 door explorer rear leafs ok, so i finally decided to post up a build thread, since im about to do the top end...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad