• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JoeyB

Feedback on the Rancho RS9000xl / MyRide shocks

I'm trying to find out if any of you are using the Rancho RS9000xl shocks with the MyRide system? I have been trying to find some reviews but I figured my fellow TRS family would tell me the truth vs some persons review on a retail site that sells the shocks:icon_twisted:. My truck is used...
  2. JoeyB

AFR 165 Heads For A 302HO

Ok, I've been doing a lot of reasurch and trying to decided which set of heads to put on my 1991 302HO. I've got a Weiand intake, 600cfm holley, stage 1 tick flow cam, and an MSD ignition. I have come to the conculsion that the AFR heads are probably the heads of choice for me. You can use...
  3. JoeyB

Rancho stabilizer shock on 87 4x4 ranger

I have been searching for some info on installing a rancho stabilizer shock on an 87 4x4 ranger. I have seen a few things and it looks like people are mounting the shocks the opposite way the instructions call for. Can some one help me with a little info on mounting the bracket and what...
  4. JoeyB

Cobra 302 1987 Ranger

Alright motor people I have a questions about lifters. I built my engine and have driven it few hundred miles. I have started hearing a pretty good knock from under the valve covers. I was told I need to adjust the lifters. Here's what I've got. It's a hydraulic roller motor. I'm using a...
  5. JoeyB

Engine oil leak question

Ok, I about broke down today. I have my conversion almost complete and if it wasn’t for all the snow today I was going to try and start this thing. So yesterday I put oil in the engine and primed it. Took the valve covers off to make sure oil was moving through the entire engine. Put the...
  6. JoeyB

Slave Cylinder for 87 302 NV3550

I've got a question about slave cylinders. I have an 87 4x4 ranger, I'm putting a 1991 302 motor in, and I'm using an NV3550 5 speed. I have used all the listed parts on TRS to build my 5 speed bell housing, flywheel, clutch, etc.. I used all the correct adapters from Advance Adapters to get...
  7. JoeyB

Throttle cable questions

Can anyone share some of their throttel cable mods? Does anyone have a few photos they wouldn't mine sharing? I was working on mine tonight and I think I need to see how a few other people did theirs. If it matters it's an 87 4x4 ranger with a 1991 302 cobra motor out of a thunderbird. I'm...
  8. JoeyB

How To Length Front Drive Shaft

I'm trying to finish off my conversion. I have a 1987 4x4 ranger that had the 2.9L engine. I have installed an NV3550 trany using the stock T-case. The adapters I had to use to connect the trany to the T-case really changed the lengths of the rear and front drive shafts. I will need to have...
  9. JoeyB

Relocating Oil Pan Drain Plug

I'm putting a 302 in my 87 4x4 ranger and the rear oil pan plug is right above a cross member on the front drive. I need to relocate the drain plug, does anyone know how to do this? :icon_cheers:
  10. JoeyB

Power stearing pump bracket question

I'm working on a 1987 4x4 ranger and I'm putting in a 1991 302 HO motor. I've been on the hunt for the right power steering bracket that will allow me to use the pump that's currently on the truck. I read if you can find the bracket E7TZ-3C511-A, which the Ford dealer says is off a 1987 F150...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad