• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 02 ranger 4.0 misfire codes

Hello, I have an 02 ranger 4.0 4wd. Just the other day I fired it up and it did a pop sound and was very rough running. I have one of those obd readers as it threw an engine light on. I get p0304 0305 0306 cylinder misfire...at this time. I have some plugs and wires to install but would like...
  2. fan cluctch issue

Hi While having other things going on with my 01 ranger 3.0 edge My Fan clutch siezed up. I replaced with a dorman clutch and now when it engages is has a high whining noise like a jet or something and I seem to loose lots of power when it engages. I thought it was on backwards at first but it...
  3. Firing order needed

01 ranger edge extended cab, 3.0 regular gas, 4x4, auto trans. I recently replaced my coil pack, plugs and wires. I made the mistake of removing all things without marking. When I put it all back together I used a diagram I found somewhere. It may have been wrong or I did something wrong. I was...
  4. rims and tire match

Hi I just recently damged my front rim. 2001 ranger 4x4. I have stock aluminum rims with 245/75/16 tires. I dont think I can find 1 rim so I need another plan. What other rims from ford will fit those tires and bolt pattern? Thanks in advance
  5. running rough power loss

Hi 2001 edge 4x4 3.0 auto trans. Non flex. 300400 plus mi. I have been experiensing loss of power and rough idle. I just replaced the plugs and power pack didnt help. I recently replaced the cam positioning sensor shaft assbly because it was squeaking. My first thought it could be slightly out...
  6. Coil pack issue

2001 ranger edge 3.0 4wd . I had a heater valve burst which I replaced but during the activity of the leak it seemed I noticed it was running rough. I fixed the leaky valve which is directly above the coil pack where coolant ran all over it. I suspected a bad or wet plug wire and pulled them...
  7. transmission compatabilty

Hi, I have an 01 ranger edge 3.0 4x4 311k mi on this thing. The Automatic transmission finally has failed on me. I am trying to find a used one but am confused as to the difference between applications. Mine seems to be either hard to find or everything is really different. Is there a...
  8. Temp sensative control module? 01 Edge

I was having some 4x4 issues last summer and heard random clicking from the control mod. area while not engaged. After a while it quit and so did my 4wd. Ended up replacing the motor...all good during summer. Now its cold and wont shift into 4wd again. Figured out that if I run my heater really...
  9. Heat stuck on Defrost

01 Ranger Edge...I get good heat and air conditioning but my control knob to position the airflow seems to not work I am stuck in defrost mode and cant get it to go to the dash vent or floor. I looked under the dash behind the radio and glovebox and seen vacuum lines. So how do I troubleshoot...
  10. interchange of CM's

I have an 01 Ranger Edge with a bad 4x4 CM and would like to know if they (CM) are interchangable with any other Ford 4x4 vehicles of the same year, like Exlporer or Mountaineer that have the same basic frame type or size? thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad