• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. powerranger262

Here's my 07

Just checked back into the site. Thought I would throw some pics of my 150 on here. First pic is when I got it. Then now, after mbrp xp series exhaust, k&n drop in, drilled and slotted rotors, bully dog gt tuner, 2.5" hbs level, led puddle lights, led swap, stealthbox, pioneer 3300bt...
  2. powerranger262

Found another use for Meguiars Hot Rims

Don't know why, but I decided to polish the belt cover on my sled today. Started with a diegrinder with a polishing wheel and compound, but it wasn't working too hot, so I grabbed my palm sander with a couple different polishing pads and went to town on this thing. It's turning out awesome. It...
  3. powerranger262

Looks like it's bye-bye for the Ranger

Started getting the itch for a full-size again. Found this 07 with 19,000 miles, factory warranty, chrome package, 5.4L, and from my research, it won't have the plug problem. Doing a week long test run/beat to make up my mind, but I think it's already made up.
  4. powerranger262

weird idle problem

SO when I went to start my truck yesterday, it turned over and immediately revs up to 2500-3000Rpms and just sits there for about 30 seconds and then slowly, and I mean slowly, starts to drop. It does this on cold start ups and warm start ups. I put a new TPS and IAC in it about a year ago, so...
  5. powerranger262

Motorcraft spark plug #

I've been searching around for a while now, and haven't found what I'm looking for. I need the motorcraft part # for plugs on a 2002 4.0L FX4. I've come up with two sets of numbers - AGSF34FP and SP498. I just need somebody to chime in to let me know if these are the right numbers. As soon...
  6. powerranger262

Project Beerrunner.

Got myself into a little hobby over the winter. I've been picking up these old metal wagons to redo/customize. This is my first one. Here's what I started with. All straightened out Wheels and prep Painted and wheel mock up My new handle came yesterday...sweet. I have to...
  7. powerranger262

HELP - can't go over 45

So I was just on my way to get my alternator/battery tested, when my truck decided it only wanted to get up to 45mph. I noticed earlier today that when I turned on my headlights, the engine bogged down a little bit, not enough to kill it or anything, just idled a little lower. So that is why I...
  8. powerranger262

Anyone know of any good antique appraisal sites?

Just wondering if anybody knows of some antique appraisal sites. Although I would never sell it, I got a really cool, vintage High Life cooler that's been handed down to me, and was just wondering what it's worth. I'll post some pics later.
  9. powerranger262

Looking for AAL pics

I'm looking for some pics of trucks with just a Tbar crank and AAL's. Preferebly 2000 and up, but if you want to post older, go ahead.
  10. powerranger262

Much needed cleaning

So after buying a house and sticking all my time into it, I kind of started neglecting the old Ranger. So today it got new oil, a wash, a clean engine bay, and the bars cranked some more.
  11. powerranger262

Post your annoying bucking symptoms here

Since I have read through countless, and I mean countless posts about the buck that these trucks do, I wanted to start a thread dedicated to troubleshooting this problem. 3.0, 4.0, 4 cyl, whatever. Tell what yours does and anything that you have tried or heard to try to fix it. Mine is a 02...
  12. powerranger262

how to measure backspacing

I'm putting a set of rims on craigslist, but I don't know what the backspacing is on them. Do I just lay something flat on the lip on the back of the rim and measure down to the back of the lug holes?
  13. powerranger262

I eat torsens for breakfast.

Can you believe that an automatic did this? Just own up to it already Ford.
  14. powerranger262

will it work. no ebrake

This may be a stupid question, but I am far from a drum brake guru. I have a 02 with drums in the back. I just rolled in a used rearend, but I don't really want to mess with the brakes on it for another week. My question is, do I have to have the ebrake cables hooked up inside the drums in...
  15. powerranger262

What options do I have for an axle?

I have a 2002 FX4 automatic. I blew the rearend the yesterday morning. I have been searching around trying to find a used rear axle assembly to swap in, but am not getting any luck finding one. So what I was wondering, is what other axles would I be able to swap into it to get it on the road...
  16. powerranger262

Looking for axle swap how to

I've been searching and can't find a write up on swapping in a new rear axle assembly. With pics would be great. Help please.
  17. powerranger262

don't forget to add LS additive

Uh oh. 6,000 miles on fluid. It's real pretty, looks like glitter. I F'd up. I didn't know about the LS additive, so that's just oil, that was once golden colored. Looks like I'm going to need a new rear sooner than I thought. Do you think it's worth it to change out fluid, add LS...
  18. powerranger262

pinion bearing process

I think I have found what has been whining in the back of my truck. Sounds like the pinion bearing is getting really bad, had to go down the highway today, and that made it very angry. The hollow humming noise that I had now turned into a higher pitch squealing. My question is, what is the...
  19. powerranger262

Can not figure this out.

02 FX4 Automatic, 92,000 miles. I've been having this ongoing problem for a while now and it's getting really f'n frustrating. I have a bad jerk when it is under load when shifting into OD, this has been going on for about 10,000 miles now. There is also a slipping feeling when hard on the...
  20. powerranger262

torque converter solenoid

I have a 02 FX4 automatic. After searching around I THINK it's a 5r55e trans? I was wondering if there is a TC solenoid and where it might be located. Still trying to track down jerking problem, and thought I would start there before pulling TC.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad