• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. treeguy

Put out some fire today . . . sheesh . . .

So . . . I remembered that my front brakes tended to be really sticky after towing the '90 4wd ranger earlier, and went out and bought new calipers and installed them, bled the brakes blah, blah. Was towing said ranger when I notice smoke, and then flames from each front tire area . . . and was...
  2. treeguy

96 F350 EGR circuit issue . . .

I found today that the EGR circuit was cut in half by my exhaust manifold. It is a 460 and I am not sure what the routing is for the above mentioned melted vacuum hoses as intended by Ford. Any pics or suggestions would be much appreciated!
  3. treeguy

Frozen axle (not sure in front or rear) . . .

A friend has a 200something 2wd ranger and if it sits for a day or two as she starts it up and puts it into first or reverse, she reports that it feels frozen in place, makes a loud sound than starts to move, and it not freezing outside either. Any hints on this one ??? . . . Shane
  4. treeguy

Having trouble computing overall tire diameter . . .

I am trying to compute overall tire diameter. Here is my logic: 215/85R16 1) Multiply 215 by .85 = 182.5 mm 2) Divide by 10: 182.5 mm/10= 18.3 cm 3) 2.54cm = 1 inch so . . . divide 18.3 cm by 2.54cm to find inches: 18.3 cm/2.54=7.19 inches 4) Now add half the rim to it (7.19 + 8= 15.1 inches)...
  5. treeguy

3" Body Lift ?'s . . . .

Have a 1990 ranger 4x4, ext. cab, 2.9L, want to put on a body lift, and I found one on Suspension Connection, do I need to extend the 4wd shifter too? Any other thoughts on this would be good . . .
  6. treeguy

Worn Rear End . . .

I took my 4.0L 4x4 auto, 2000 Ranger in today for an inspection at a mechanic's shop, lately I have noticed that when I put it into gear, there is a distinct "clunk", I was suspecting u-joints, but I was told that it was a worn rear end, with some "play" in it. My question is . . . what would...
  7. treeguy

Rear Axle Issue . . .

I put the truck in Neutral (2000 4x4 automatic), let it coast forward to release any tension in the drivetrain, and applied the brake while a friend twisted the driveshaft, he reported that the u-joints were fine, but there was a ton of play in the rear end, he was able to turn the driveshaft...
  8. treeguy

Turns Over Fine Just Won't Start . . .

I put my truck back together 1990 2.9L 5 Spd. and did the whole finger over the #1 cylinder turned it over by hand till it went phhhhhht and then looked at the distributor and verified it was in the right place (roughly 10 or 11 o'clock) and then put the engine into the truck and buttoned it up...
  9. treeguy

Cable & vacuum routing issues . . . Please help !!!

My bro-law lost pics that I took with his camera of my 4wd conversion :dunno: . . . on the rectangular canister that lives behind the drivers side headlight where does the smaller tube route to (the big one is easy) ?? Now for the dumb question (I took this apart back in Oct). . . where is the...
  10. treeguy

Hose routing issues . . . I Need Help!!

I am putting the finishing touches on re-attaching everything that came off to do my 2wd to 4wd conversion. My bro-in-laws digital camera I borrowed to take pics of hose & hose routing no longer contains the pics I need to help finish :bawling:!! Okay its a 1990 2.9L . . . the first puzzler is...
  11. treeguy

To solder or not to solder that is the question . . .

I am wanting lengthen some of my wires on the wiring harness and I would like to know if soldering and then crimping the connectors is the best way to do it. If I am to solder is there a special kind of solder that I can use:icon_confused:? . . Thanks in advance!!! Shane
  12. treeguy

Is it at ALL possible to wire in a 4wd tranny/tcase using 2wd wire harness??

Is it at ALL possible to wire in a 4wd tranny/tcase using 2wd tranny wire harness?? I am stuck against a brick wall. . . no local junk yards seem to have a Gen II ranger 5speed & manual t-case to steal the wiring harnesses for both to wire in my project 2wd to 4wd 1990 . . . I am trying to mate...
  13. treeguy

Cnoverting from a Mitsubishi FM 132 tranny to a Mitsubishi FM146 . . .

Converting from a Mitsubishi FM 132 tranny to a Mitsubishi FM146 . . . I am wondering if there are any wiring differences between the two ? Is it just plug and go ? I am also wondering what the function of the connector plug is on top of the speedocable that goes into the t-case?
  14. treeguy

Wiring questions for the t-case . . .

I am putting in a manual t-case (from a 1988 Ranger 4wd) and noticed that there are 2 plugins . . . one is by the breather tube by the front output shaft and the other is right on top of the speedometer cable . . . what are the functions of these two ?? The other question is on the transmission...
  15. treeguy

2WD to 4WD Wiring Questions . . .

The truck I am converting is 1990 the drivetrain comes from a 1988 both have same body style (xlt ext. cab 2.9L-5 speed). I switched speedo cables (2wd cable was way shorter) and I am trying to figure out how to wire in the manual transfer case and tranny so when I shift into 4wd the light...
  16. treeguy

Are the coil buckets the same on the 4WD vs 2WD ????

I am converting a 1990 2WD to 4WD using an '88 donor for 4WD parts. Can I use the 2wd coil buckets instead of swapping in the 4wd coil buckets??????
  17. treeguy

A seat compatibility question . . . ???

Will a split seat(60-40 bench seat) from an 1988 extended cab ranger fit into a 1988 single cab ranger ????? I have no clue any help would be super!!:icon_thumby:
  18. treeguy

Ummmmm I may have goofed . . .

Can any body shoot me a quick front frame width measurement from behind the front bumper? I neglected to measure it for a reference point !! Thanks a bunch !!
  19. treeguy

My door/hinges wobble like a saturday night drunk . . . how can I rebuild/fix'em ??

I have a 1990 ranger ext cab . . . I did some searching on the forum and Allen D mentioned rebuilding his hinges , others have mentioned cheap rebuilt kits that would work . . . but I have called around and found absolutely no sources at any of the auto parts stores in the area . . . any ideas...
  20. treeguy

Body mount issues !!!!!

I assumed it was just a simple thing to unscrew a few nuts, jack up one side of the body and spread the frame . . . I find that the body nut underneath the front door just spins in place . . . I looked around and not too much specifics on how to remove these . . . any ideas would be awesome! The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad