• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

Update: I got new converters on today along with 2 new O2 sensors. Seems like it has a little more pep, who knows. Time to start checking MPG's. :icon_thumby:
  2. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

I called the dealer and asked if it was safe to drive like this, and he said you won't have any problems with debris getting back into the engine. Somehow I don't believe him, especially now that the truck is out of warranty. Part seems to be coming in on a slow boat from China.
  3. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

Today I heard a loud rattle when when i started the engine. It sounded like a heat shield rattling. I climb under the truck and heat shield welds are nice and tight. Started engine and the rattle was coming from the inside the first converter. Part still on order.
  4. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

No, running right in normal range. Something else caused cats to go bad for sure. Poor dealer diagnosis.
  5. Buckeyeman

2009 b2300 engine dies on highway

Had the same problem. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164652
  6. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

PM'ed you on answer.
  7. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

I know one thing, I will never buy a domestic branded vehicle again. Half of them are made in Mexico anyway. I've owned Honda's, Toyota's, and Hyundai's and never had this problem with a warranty claim.
  8. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

I took truck to the dealer today and mechanic said converters were bad. Ford tried to deny a warranty claim 2 different times, and wanted me to pay $2400 to replace them. I fought with them and said I would contact the EPA. I showed them the warranty book that came with the truck that showed it...
  9. Buckeyeman

P0420 Code

I have a 2010 Ranger 2.3L, with 69,500 miles. I was driving down the highway and the CEL light came on, so I got off the highway and pulled into the nearest Autozone to have checked. The guy said it's a P0420 code that the catalytic converter was plugged. Is there a way of confirming this...
  10. Buckeyeman

Stalling

Update: I removed Jet Performance Module and problem went away, no more stalling. I sent module back to Jet to be tested for a problem and got it back with a note saying "no problem found". I called to get the details and tech support said they checked everything out to see if printed circuit...
  11. Buckeyeman

Stalling

I took my truck into local repair shop to have things checked out. The mechanic checked everything out including checked for vacuum leaks and said everything checked out ok. He said to take it to the dealer and have Ford TSB 10-12-9 done to reprogram the PCM. I'm going to make an appointment to...
  12. Buckeyeman

Stalling

After replacing the IAC valve with a B/W unit in 4/16 the truck seems to doing the same thing now. The rpm's are fluctuating at a stop light, sometimes stalling. This is an intermittent problem. The truck has 64K on it now. Is there anything else it could be? :icon_confused: Thanks.
  13. Buckeyeman

Gibson S/S Exhaust

I installed the Gibson stainless steel exhaust (p/n 619713) on my Ranger. I was very pleased that it was not loud. It was slightly louder than stock. The fit was excellent too. The folks at Realtruck.com were excellent to deal with too. They direct shipped it from Gibson in CA. I did have to...
  14. Buckeyeman

New Diesel

This would nice if this engine made it's way into the new Ranger. http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/26/ford-ecoblue-turbodiesel-engine-transit-van/
  15. Buckeyeman

Stalling

I did take it in to the dealer, and they told me it wasn't covered.
  16. Buckeyeman

Stalling

It seems now I'm going to have to replace the IAC valve. It still hasn't stalled since I cleaned it. I've been experiencing hard starting when warm. What is the difference in quality between the Motorcraft part and an aftermarket? The Motorcraft is three times the price of an aftermarket.
  17. Buckeyeman

Front Bumper Cover

Is there anyway to tighten the front bumper cover on a 2010 XLT? I climbed underneath and noticed everything is held together with plastic rivets. The fog lights are vibrating at night from everything being so loose.
  18. Buckeyeman

Stalling

After cleaning the IAC valve, and replacing the fuel filter it hasn't stalled. So far so good. I hope this takes care of it.
  19. Buckeyeman

Stalling

I called the dealer to see if it was covered under warranty, and the service writer said she would have to get the p/n and run the vin to see if it covered. It's been 2 days and [U]no[U] call back, so I took it off and cleaned it with CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner. Well now all I have to do...
  20. Buckeyeman

Stalling

Thanks for the detailed explanation. As far as the idle rpm's, I don't know how accurate the factory tach is, but looks in the 925-950 range.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad