• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Quasi242

DBR/Giant 64 Ranger to Explorer

Since the prerunner section does not get much traffic, I will periodically add updates to this thread. For a more complete write-up please see my build thread in the prerunner section. Quick facts: 1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 4.0 SOHC 199,200 miles on original motor and transmission Replacing...
  2. Quasi242

RaceRangers Build

Your truck has certainly come a long way since I used to be a regular back in 2010. It looks great. Nice work.
  3. Quasi242

DBR/Giant 64 Ranger to Explorer

It starts again! Here is a picture of my truck pre October 2010: Specs: 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4. 3.0 V6 Dixon Brothers Racing (DBR) LT Kit 8" King Remote Reservoir Coil Overs 2"X2.5" King Hydraulic Bump Stops Heim Steering Giant 64 Long Travel Leaf Spring Kit ADS 16" Triple Bypass Shocks Ford...
  4. Quasi242

Rocky Road Rock Sliders

A few years back I went to Utah to have a set of Rock Sliders mocked up for my truck. Anyway I just visited the web site of the company that used my truck as a prototype and noticed that they are now marketing those sliders to the general public. I have been very happy with mine. If you are...
  5. Quasi242

RaceRangers Build

2009 otoy Congratulations on the 2009 Truck of the Year victory!
  6. Quasi242

Quasi242's show off thread

I was recently nominated for Offroad Truck of the Month (thanks C-Note). Since most of my pictures are hiding in the prerunner forum, I thought that I would post up some specs and photos in the "Show Off" thread. Stats: 2000 4X4 "Offroad" 3.0 L V6 Stepside (Replaced) RCD 5" Lift (Replaced)...
  7. Quasi242

Ford F150 9.75 installed on a 2000 Ranger

Thanks. I am also a 4X4 guy, I just want it to go fast as well. This truck is actually a 4X4. When I can afford to regear the front differential, I will reinstall the front CV axles. Glad to hear that the 9.75 axle has performed well for you.
  8. Quasi242

Ford F150 9.75 installed on a 2000 Ranger

For anyone looking for an upgrade to the more common Explorer 8.8 swap, here is another option. The F150 9.75 axle is approximately 7" wider than stock (the Explorer 8.8 is approximately 3" wider than stock). Dimensions use a 2000, 28-spline, Ranger 8.8 axle as reference. The F150 9.75 axle...
  9. Quasi242

Removing frame rivets?

For those of you who have flipped your shackle hangers, what is the secret to removing the rivets? I have spent a few hours grinding the heads off one side. I thought that with the head removed, I would be able to drive them out with a 5# sledge. Unfortunately they will not budge. I would...
  10. Quasi242

RaceRangers Build

Truck is looking good. You need to clean up your wiring though. I am assuming that you are waiting to get your turn signals in first. Why ditch the A/T's? I have been running BFG MT KM's they are great on the rocks but have a tendency to chunk out on the rough stuff at speed, and they dig in...
  11. Quasi242

Quality/Strength of MB Wheels

I am looking to purchase a new set of wheels for my prerunner project. I need to run a 17" rim to clear the 13" disk brakes that are stock on the Ford 9.75 axle that I will be installing. I was recently in my local Discount Tire and saw that they had their house brand "MB Wheels" on promotion...
  12. Quasi242

RaceRangers Build

Congrats on the free rear end. With as much as these trucks cost, it is always great when you can get something for free. The 9" should be a huge upgrade from your 7.5. Do you daily drive your truck? If so, a full spool might be a bit much. Either way, I imagine that it will be fun to...
  13. Quasi242

RaceRangers Build

I may regret it in the end, but I am going to try and go a slightly different route with my rear end. I recently purchased a Ford 9.75 with a factory posi and complete disk brake setup. I chose this because it includes a tone ring (which my 2000 auto) will require and because it comes stock...
  14. Quasi242

Options for front hub swap on 2000 4X4

I will be installing a Ford 9.75 in the back of my Ranger, and was wondering if it is possible to swap a pre-2003 Expedition/F150 hub into the Ranger steering knuckle to allow me to run 5 on 135 stud spacing with out adding wheel spacers. From an internet search, it appears that the pre 2003...
  15. Quasi242

'78 F150 9"

Good to know. I will need to look into that. I have not decided whether to redrill the axles or run the smallest spacer available that will allow me to adapt to my 5 on 4.5 wheel pattern.
  16. Quasi242

'78 F150 9"

Thanks for everyones help. I think that I am going to try the 9.75. I found a complete used posi/disk brake axle from a 2002 (67,000 K) F-150 for $400 on Craig's list. If the factory posi ever went out, I would probably run a Detroit Tru Trac which is currently available. Additionally, since...
  17. Quasi242

'78 F150 9"

Since I am already looking at an F-150 axle, it seems that a 9.75 would not be out of the question. It would compare with a Dana 60 in terms of strength and would allow me to run a 34-spline axle. Do you know if the tone ring would be a direct plug and play? I know that the F-150 guys make...
  18. Quasi242

'78 F150 9"

Thank you for the response. I am torn between the Explorer 8.8 and the 9". The Explorer 8.8 would be the easier swap to get 31 spline axles, but the 9" will allow me to get closer to an even track width without using large wheel spacers. Additionally, the 9" does not suffer from a cast...
  19. Quasi242

'78 F150 9" in a Ranger?

First of all, this is a cross post from the non ranger axle forum. I just figured that those of you in the prerunner forum might be able to help as well. I am looking a buying a 1978 f150 9" to use on my 2000 Ranger prerunner build. After my research I am a bit confused about the dimensions...
  20. Quasi242

'78 F150 9"

I am looking a buying a 1978 f150 9" to use on my 2000 Ranger prerunner build. After my research I am a bit confused about the dimensions. The '73-'90 F150 axles are reported to measure 58.75" housing flange to flange. The '78 F150 supposedly had a track width of 79.3". I have not found a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad