• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. litlred

Opinion on ring and pinion

I was trying to replace my bearings and found out I had some issues, now I'm trying to get a good wear pattern and would like other people's opinions. This is my first attempt to set ring and pinion up. I had a buddy of a guy I worked with set them up originally, I believe he did a bad job. The...
  2. litlred

c5?

Will a c5 stand up behind a 4.0?
  3. litlred

engine code 14

91 explorer 4.0 - new computer is giving me code 14"The electronic control assembly (eca) has detected an intermittent loss of profile ignition pick-up(pip) signal during recent operation." according to my code scanner book and "14 Ignition pickup was erratic - Ignition Systems" according to the...
  4. litlred

4 link ttb

So I was thinking the other day that I really need extended radius arms, but had a thought on trying a 4 link type setup instead, has anyone done this, I havnt found anything on 4linking the ttb, so I was wondering if its even possible? thanks guys.
  5. litlred

timing

ok so a 4.0 from a 91 exploder is 10 btdc, how do you adjust it?
  6. litlred

4.0 swap question....

jason_paul stats in the tech library, 4.0 swap #1 "About the engine harness, my swap was from a 91 into a 90. I pulled all of the harness out of the engine compartment including the fuse box and lights harness. this allowed it to be a straight plug in swap without having to splice any wires...
  7. litlred

pilot bearing

Is the pilot bearing the same in the fm-146 and the m5od? if not does anyone know the exact demensions? or a link to them? thanks :icon_confused:
  8. litlred

4.0 bellhousing issue?

Im doing the 4.0 swap into my b2 and im wanting to keep the original fm-146 trans to keep the cost down. i installed a new flywheel and clutch kit for the 4.0(10 inch) and now my bellhousing is hitting the pressure plate inside, have anybody else had the same problems? :dunno: I did go to the...
  9. litlred

4.0 swap

ok, ive been doing alot of reading on this subject but im still uncertain... im swapping a 4.0 from a '91 explorer with bad automatic trans to a '90 bronco ii with good 5 speed.. im not sure which computer to use, i know the auto is computer controled so i should use a manual computer but will...
  10. litlred

question on springs

would a 6" skyjacker susp lift kit, bought for a 90' bronco ii, work on a 91' explorer? i know the rear is different, im curious if the front is the same, and would it lift the front the full 6''? thanks for your help, all i can find for the explorer is 5.5'' lifts
  11. litlred

4r70w

is the 4r70w a decent trans to do a v8 swap in a bronco ii? is there any known problems? thanks for any help... :icon_confused:
  12. litlred

85 4runner

I have a buddy that owns an 85' 4runner sitting on 38.5x15.5 When he stears there is alot of popping going on and i cant tell where its coming from... to me it seems like it either his drag link or his tie rods... ive checked the tightness on them and he says it helped but it still vears left...
  13. litlred

lifts vs tire size

How much lift would be required to run 38.5x15.5's on a bronco ii without trimming fenders?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad