• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lone-wolf

Rack & Pinion Transfer tubing

Had a power steering leak and took it to my mechanic to have a look. Apparently the transfer tubing & it's connections on the R&P is rotten. Ford tells him the whole R&P needs to be replaced because of this little bit of transfer tubing... And I can't find any specific part on the internet so...
  2. lone-wolf

08 Fog Light Mod

I'm looking at the wiring diagram, and I'm thinking that instead of using another relay like in the tech article for 07+ rangers... You could use white/red wire from fuse 31, to connect to only the switch side of the fog lamp relay input #1, and disconnect it from input #3(the coil side) So...
  3. lone-wolf

Factory fog bulb blew, before I repleace it...

2008 Ranger Before I replace the one that was in it, a sylvania 9145, is there another bulb I should consider instead?
  4. lone-wolf

08 wiring harness, single din adapter, from a 97 ranger

Will the Single DIN with the covey hole from my 97 range fit in my 2008 ranger? And will the wiring harness I got for my 97 ranger, plug into my 08 ranger? 2 weeks in and the factory radio on this ranger is the only thing I dislike about the truck.
  5. lone-wolf

08 Ranger, factory front diff that's not a D35?

My mechanic when pricing an axle seals and the computer said some rangers have a D40something front end as well. Computer mistake or true?
  6. lone-wolf

Should I ditch my old 97 for a 01 Ranger?

I'm at a life decision. Fix my 4.0L 97 ranger(300,000KM) that needs a couple thousand dollars worth of work/parts. Radiator, fuel pump, some kind of engine sensor, brake lines, all the shocks & leaf springs(going with skyjacker leaf springs & ditching the rear lift blocks) need replacing. It...
  7. lone-wolf

Oil Sender Removal/Install

Looks like the stock switch is threaded into a short block that protrudes from the engine. Adding a aftermarket oil pressure sensor, what's the easiest way to install? Thinking about just removing stock unit and replace with the real sensor(I don't care about the stock gauge) - what would I use...
  8. lone-wolf

Supercabs fuel pumps

The fuel pumps are listed as different, currently I put a crappy explorer pump in my truck. Works poorly. Wondering if the fuel pump from my 3.0 std cab would work in the 4.0l supercab?
  9. lone-wolf

Canadians, The long gun registry is dead!

Except if you live in Quebec. But all other Canadians can now burn their long gun registry certificates!
  10. lone-wolf

Electric vs Mechical Oil Pressure Gauge

Wondering if one is more reliable then the other. I need a real gauge in the ranger, and I need to put one in my old car as well. Would be a lot easier running wiring then a hose, and I would think things could go wrong easier with a run of hose vs wires. But :dunno:
  11. lone-wolf

AR15 Uppers?

I'm pretty new to AR15s, and the amount of uppers out there is a little overwhelming. Was thinking of a Danial Defense as it was priced right, any reason not to? Any uppers out there to completely avoid? Talking about a stripped upper. Not sure what I'll be doing for a lower. A new company...
  12. lone-wolf

Radiator leaking, parts interchangable?

My rad is leaking around where the auto trany cooling lines enter. Wondering if ford used the same rads for manual and automatic tranny ranger. I have a couple manual tranny parts trucks at a friend's place, wondering if the rads from them might work? If not, I'm just going to add an external...
  13. lone-wolf

extended or supercab?

After seeing some parts being listed separately from reg/ext cab for supercab(thinking fuel pump) I'm wondering if my truck is a considered a extended cab or supercab. How do I tell the difference? And will a fuel pump from a reg cab ranger work properly in either?
  14. lone-wolf

High Revving Ranger

Friend took a video of my truck. k8fBx7tgnbs
  15. lone-wolf

Cobalt Airbag light

Buddy has a cobalt without airbags(rebuild), and he's wondering how he can turn his airbag light off.
  16. lone-wolf

swapped cluster, tach is acting weird

I put a dash from a canadian 3.0l 95 ranger into my 4.0l 97 american truck and now it seems the tach is showing revs about 2-3000 higher than it should be. Any idea why? I thought it'd be the same.
  17. lone-wolf

Picked up another ranger

Too much rain today, more pictures to follow... 97 Ranger, this one is 4.0l, ext cab, auto(blah), auto 4wd but with manual hub conversion already, 3.73 gears, and 31" tires until I get my 32" ones on. Also supposed to have a 4" rough country lift. My other ranger, specs on the side, is getting...
  18. lone-wolf

Dial Indicator

Where do I get one? Local Parts place wanted $70 for one, good price or look online?
  19. lone-wolf

Where to buy relays

Favourite place to buy relays online? They want $16-20 for them locally.
  20. lone-wolf

Center caps, yes/no?

I was going to sell the rims and keep the tires(package deal) but figured everything is already together might as well keep them as is and throw them on. The question though, should I put any center caps on? I got some top hat style ones that came with it, but they'll only go on the rear because...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad