• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Incredibly pitted valves and seats on my 2.3L 150,000 miles

hek no brother, dont you know bud lights gay. I'd been adding a handle of jack every fill-up.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Incredibly pitted valves and seats on my 2.3L 150,000 miles

NEW UPDATE. My MPG on the old head was right at 18. Now with the newhead its 19.25. Shouldn't I be getting close to 24??? I have significantly more power now without those rotted out valve seats. My cylinders looked fantastic. Good cross hatching and no striations.. There is no evidense of...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Incredibly pitted valves and seats on my 2.3L 150,000 miles

That's probably it then. My MPG was 18 and when I went to remove this head, 2 exhaust studs were missing. Probably a fat exhaust leak making the o2 sensor read lean. Well also due to loss of compression, but the o2 sensor probably was reading lean. I replaced it btw. I'm currently waiting to see...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Incredibly pitted valves and seats on my 2.3L 150,000 miles

Very possible. The intake was caked in carbon deposits. Carbon deposits entering through the EGR is a plausible theory.
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Incredibly pitted valves and seats on my 2.3L 150,000 miles

I drove on this head with a dead cylinder only at idle for almost 2 years and assumed I just had a recessed valve seat. Turns out EVERY single exhaust valve seat was insanely pitted and my valves are pitted to match. Other than some sort of overheating, would this indicate that my engine is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad