• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

Well ît done good so far started and starter disengaged. Hopefully I have it fixed. Thank you so much
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

It goes to the S terminal. So I'm not sure if the starter wire goes on the left side or right side. Have the positive wire and the fuse box wire in the left closest to the battery. I haven't connected the starter wire yet Enclosed pic
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

Quick question?? On the starter relay should the ignition wire go the the one on the bottom or the top? Cause there's an I on the smaller bottom terminal.
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

Ok I went and got a new starter relay so I'm fixing to try what you said. Will let you know in a few.
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

Ok nothing when I took the red wire off
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

Before I do this, if it's a bad solenoid will it still try to crank?
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

So you mean the red wire? Take it off and then turn key?
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

Starter wire is on the left, + battery cable and to fuse box is on the right
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) 89 ranger won't stop cranking

My 89 Ford ranger 2.3 5 speed won't stop turning over after it's already running. It also won't stop unless I take off the battery cable. Can I install a push button start and bypass the ignition and if so how do I wire it up.?
  10. Starter Won't Disengage

I'm having the same problem and have brand new starter and starter relay or solenoid. I'm trying to put a push button start on it but now sure how to wire it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad