• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TitaniumCoder477

1994 Ford Ranger fuel pump only comes on when fuel relay bypassed but still no start

I just performed the steps starting on page 25 of my fancy new Ford OBD I Code Reader (for EEC IV and MCU). My Ford's computer is EEC IV, and interestingly I got zero response from the EEC. It seems to either have no power or is dead. Since I know there is power across the relay, I then checked...
  2. TitaniumCoder477

1994 Ford Ranger fuel pump only comes on when fuel relay bypassed but still no start

Hey guys, I have some new intel! So the first thing is about the fuel pump relay and the no fuel pump start condition when I turn the key on: When I run a jumper wire from the ground side (pin 85) to the battery ground, with the fuel relay pushed in on top, the fuel pump starts with key on and...
  3. TitaniumCoder477

It's possible. The battery was about four years old, so it's hard to tell if it failed due to lack of proper charging or failed due to age. From reading, I should I should be able to at least start the engine and run it for a while on just battery. Supposedly one can't do that for very long...
  4. TitaniumCoder477

Yeah, about half a tank. When I bypass the fuel pump relay, the fuel rail pressurizes and then plenty of fuel is released when I depressurize my fuel pressure gauge.
  5. TitaniumCoder477

Hey guys, I came across this forum during my research into my 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L's start symptoms. I read through https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/1994-ranger-low-voltage-at-fuel-pump.176150/ which was very helpful. I don't wish to hijack that, and since my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad