• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. NoRangerDude

1998 manual Ranger won't go into gear while running

Completely forgot to update this thread! We changed the clutch, slave, and master cylinder and bled everything. She's back up and running again so it must have been a clutch hydraulic system issue. Thanks for the advice everyone!
  2. NoRangerDude

Is the rubber bladder in the clutch cylinder necessary?

What does this bladder do and is it necessary? For context, I'm changing the clutch on a 1998 ford ranger mod-5od.
  3. NoRangerDude

Awesome, because we just bought the kit last night.
  4. NoRangerDude

I don't know Yes, but only when it's not running
  5. NoRangerDude

So we bled it properly using directions from the ranger station, and the fluid came out black, really thick and had pieces of gunk in it. I'm thinking we should go ahead and replace the slave and master and do the clutch while we're in there (she needs a new one anyway). Are there any hydraulic...
  6. NoRangerDude

Hey everyone, So my friend has a 1998 manual ranger with the 2.5l engine and 5 speed manual transmission. Today her vehicle just decided to stop working. It won't go into gear while the clutch is depressed and the engine is running, but it will when the engine is off. We didn't see any leaks on...
  7. NoRangerDude

Push Starting a Newer Car

I've bump started my 2017 Fiesta ST pushbutton start with a dead battery. I rolled it down a hill and dumped the clutch in 2nd gear.
  8. NoRangerDude

Restore oil additive

That's kinda my thoughts on most additives that claim to be able to fix an engine that needs a rebuild. 🤣
  9. NoRangerDude

Restore oil additive

So I recently bought a $1000 jeep xj (in was an emergency buy, I still am working towards a ranger) and in burns oil and cylinder 5 was low when I did a compression test. I saw a bleeping jeep video on the restore oil additive and he thought it was helpful. Also watched a project farm video...
  10. NoRangerDude

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Nice Focus ST! I love the Recaros in my Fiesta ST, but they aren't the biggest seat for sure.
  11. NoRangerDude

TRS Word Association Game

Hike
  12. NoRangerDude

I don't own a ranger yet . . .

Thanks, is there a particular year ranger 4.0 that I should avoid? I like the idea of more power, especially since I want to run larger tires.
  13. NoRangerDude

What are y'all's thoughts about reliable engines? I know that the 4 cylinder Lima engines are good, but ideally I'd like more power. I've heard good things about the 3.0 and the early 4.0 OHV engines. Are the 4.0 SOHC engines less reliable?
  14. NoRangerDude

New To TRS

Welcome! My friend has an almost identical truck, '98 5spd with the 4 cylinder. Hers has been really reliable, they seem like really good trucks. Have you had to do any major repairs on yours?
  15. NoRangerDude

99 ranger

How many miles have you put on it in that many years of ownership? Also, welcome and that sounds like a cool swap!
  16. NoRangerDude

Greetings

Welcome to the forum!
  17. NoRangerDude

TRS Word Association Game

Laugh
  18. NoRangerDude

Wow, I didn't know that the extended cab added that much more weight. I'd actually prefer the regular cab over the extended cab because I don't see myself needing the extra space.
  19. NoRangerDude

I wish!!! Sadly that's a picture I got from the internet, BUT if I had the skill/space/money I would definitely try something stupidity wild like that!
  20. NoRangerDude

I like the old ones better too, or at least they are better for what I want (and my budget). Ideally I'd like a manual 4x4 4.0 or 3.0. Just something that I can off road and do some mild modifications too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad