• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I bought the 1.5 inch blocks from rough country, but maybe? Where are you? What do you reckon shipping would be?
  2. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I seem to have settled on 1 1/2" blocks.
  3. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I put on new springs, but for the Bronco II. Can't find "lift shakles?"
  4. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

No I hadn't but I sure will.
  5. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

No, I wish.
  6. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I think that's my solution, thank you.
  7. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I have heard, roll a bat on the fender well, using the tire and sort of bow it out?
  8. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I added Bilstein shocks front and back, just had the front end completely reworked and had to lose the front Bilstiens, the sold me shocks that were three inches to long.
  9. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I replaced the leafs, I had an add a leaf kit on hand for it , but my mechanic, couldn't add the leaf. Taking the new springs apart was more difficult than he was prepared to handle, bushings were done.
  10. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I put new leaf springs on. It's up an inch and a half in the front, Rough Country Leveler kit.
  11. Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

I am doing what I can to get this truck ready for my 15 year old daughter to start driving, when she is 16 in January. It came to me with 31 inch x 10.5 inch tires. I replaced them with 30 inch x 9.5 inch tires. If I hit a bump, I got the comforting sound of tires running on the fender wells...
  12. Help with an oil leak? 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4 WD.

Thanks for taking the time, I found the newer flange (1989) and bolt at A&B truck ( recycler) here in San Diego.
  13. Help with an oil leak? 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4 WD.

No may be a later year, it changed in 89' , if that's the case, I would need the bolt and adapter.
  14. Help with an oil leak? 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4 WD.

Screen shot from Gord
  15. Help with an oil leak? 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4 WD.

Yeah ya sure got my hopes up, that bolt is for a regular Bronco and does not fit a 1988 Bronco II, XLT, 2.9 L , 6 cyl, automatic transmission. The bolt for the Bronco II is discontinued @ Ford.
  16. Help with an oil leak? 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4 WD.

I have it at my mechanics shop, the service technician cracked and then braised the bolt, the bolt seal continues to leak. I would just use a relocation kit, but my mechanic doesn't feel there is room for the relocation kit , also concerned about heat transfer from the exaust.
  17. Help with an oil leak? 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4 WD.

I have a small leak at the "bolt," for the oil filter adapter. No parts available, tough time finding a relocation kit that works?
  18. I grew up in Anza Borrego, and in the Southwest deserts East of San Diego and North of the Mexican border. You can Walter or Billy Boy.

I have a 1988 Bronco II, it actually belongs to my 15 year old daughter. I had the engine sealed. Even after sealing the engine, I have a small leak, at the oil filter adapter. I do not know the Ford 2.9 L six cylinder engine. The leak is a combination of the bolt, for the adapter and the seal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad