• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. The gatorback serp belt replacement

i had had the same issue. the test us ti spray some water on the best see if the noise goes away. if it does its the belt. I put in a Continental from auto zone and it was the only belt that did not make noise.
  2. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

so after all that did fixing the leaks make a difference in my LTFT. the answer is a little but not as much as i had hopped. after putting about 50 miles on the truck here is what i pulled from the OBD. before repairs i was around LTFT of 13 for bank 1 and 16 for bank two go back to my first...
  3. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

on the the drivers side with the cracked manifold. i broke each bolt lose and then put them back in. then tried to loosen the EGR tube nut. its 1 1/16 wrench and the EGR tube nipple is 1" and it broke the manifold away. not so bad as i planed on replacing it anyway but the nipple was not...
  4. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

So i hate when u search a forum and you find someone having the same problem but there is not final post with the outcome. so i am following back up so other may learn from what i did. was able to get all the bolts and studs out using 13mm and wobbler extensions. i used a 1/2 socket on some...
  5. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

Does anyone know what years the 3.0 exhaust manifold is the same as 2008? I am going to the junk yard tomorrow and I know they have a 2003 and was wondering if that will fit. Would be nice to pick from a few so a range of years would be helpful.
  6. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

where did you get replacement bolts? and does the exhaust manifold on the 3.0 have a gasket? my plan was to go check out the local junk yard that is pull your own parts and see if i can find a 3.0 motor. I know they have rangers as i have gotten parts before just not sure about if they have a...
  7. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

Any idea what the heads are made out of? Aluminum or steel/iron for the 3.0 2008 ranger. I have a MIG welder and have used it to remove broken studs before but only in aluminum.
  8. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

interesting i guess i will change them as well. when i was putting everything back together i found two interesting things. on the drivers side my exhaust manifold is cracked starting by the EGR tube. you can see in the picture and it seems to be leaking although it hard to tell. when i...
  9. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

So i replaced both upstream O2 sensors. Bank 1 did not want to come out and when i did get it out it lost some threads. Needed to take the plastic off and i still could not get an O2 thread chaser in still. had to go to harbor freight and get a tap set so run an 18mm 1.5 tap through it to...
  10. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

RonD , Thanks for the reply and this is good information. i will jack the truck up tomorrow and see if all the O2 sensors look original. This is the first time i have seen the around 12 year life for an O2 sensor. I though when they age they get sluggish and just take longer to respond...
  11. long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 are high but not high enough to set a code.

i bought a 2008 ford ranger 3.0 with 90K miles a few years ago. the truck ran ok but seems to run a little rough at idle and lacks power but that my just be because it has the 3.0 well when running the code scanner the long term fuel trim in bank 1 and 2 are high at idle. Bank 1 is around...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad