• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted 99 Ranger - Chrome Bumpers + Grille

Hi all. I have a 99 Ranger base model. I want a chrome bumper (no fog lights), rear chrome bumper, and chrome grille. All in good condition. Located in Northern VA.
  2. Question about the ECU

I have an 88 2.9 automatic 4x4 with automatic hubs, cruise control, and A/C that I just bought, previous owner said it needed a new computer. I have another 88 2.9 automatic 4x4 with manual hubs, and no cruise control, A/C, or any other power accessories. Can I swap the computer from the one...
  3. No Start - 88 2.9L

Got my new project and have been messing with it. Got this 88 2.9L that I picked up a month ago needed fuel system work and a new ecu according to the last owner, so I put new fuel pumps, fuel pump relay, bypassed the inertia switch, and all new filters. It’s turning over but no firing. Anything...
  4. 1988 2.9 - Looking for Fuel Accumulator Filter

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger 4x4 with the 2.9. Putting all of the fuel system components back together, does anyone have a part number for the new filter and O-ring for the fuel accumulator in between the tank and the frame rail pump? Or what’s the best way to delete the whole accumulator itself...
  5. Converting from Auto to Manual 5spd

I have a 1988 2.9L 4x4 with an A4LD trans. I’m converting it to a 5spd manual. I have the 5 speed located from another 4x4 2.9L truck and also the clutch pedal assembly. What else do I need for this swap? A list of all parts that any of you can think of would be greatly appreciated
  6. Wanted 4.0 motor for my 88 Ranger

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger with a blown 2.9L in it. I want to find a good running 4.0 to put in it, I’m located in Northern VA. May be willing to buy if your willing to ship, thank you
  7. Fuel and Temp Gauge not working

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger with the 2.9L. My fuel gauge and temperature gauge are reading limp like so. My tachometer works. Has anyone else had this problem, and what’s the fix?
  8. For Sale 1988 Ford Ranger Ext Cab 5spd 4x4

1988 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4spd with Overdrive + 4x4 171,697k miles. Runs and drives great. Brand new 31x10.50 Grabber A/T tires + Brand new 15in rims 200-300 miles ago. Fresh oil change 600 miles ago. Needs the passenger door window motor replaced but have the window motor to go with it...
  9. About to replace exhaust manifolds + gaskets

Hi, I’m about to replace the exhaust manifolds and the gaskets on my 1988 2.9L. What is some advice you guys can give me for this? Any tools I can buy to prepare/help make it a little easier or prepare for the worst? Thank you
  10. Wanted Good AL4D trans

I have a 1986 Ford Ranger needing an automatic transmission. It’s 4x4. It has the front end where the hubs don’t have the manual knobs, but it has the push button 4x4 on the headliner and it also has the 4x4 shifter in the floor i don’t know if that makes a difference or not. I am located in...
  11. Wanted ISO 1988 Ford Ranger STX 5spd (Red)

My dad bought a brand new STX back in 1988 that he rolled. It was red with chrome wheels had a 5 speed transmission and I’m trying to find one as similar to the original as I can. Located in Northern VA but i’m sure he’s willing to travel for the right one. Thank you
  12. No Fuel Pressure

87 B2 2.9L. Can’t get any power down to my fuel pumps. I have the fuel pump relay replaced, and fuel pump inertia switch is bypassed so that shouldn’t be the problem. I also have no volts of power to the inertia switch wires also. Really looking for answers thank you
  13. Fuel Pump Issue 87 B2 2.9L

Can’t get any power down to the high pressure pump. Tried new fuel pump relay, bypassed the inertia switch. Now what? I’m lost and would really like to fix this because I just got this thing running for the first time in 10 years and was just driving it around like it was nothing.
  14. Ran out of gas then no start

Hi there. was down in my field and my B2 2.9l ran out of gas. went down and got it a few gallons from the gas station and put it in and the fuel pump underneath the driver side isn’t kicking on. It’s a new fuel pump, what do you guys think?
  15. 2.9 no start

i was lifting the battery up trying to reach something and i accidentally lifted it up too high and it made contact with the top end of my fender or whatever and it sparked and now my truck won’t turn over. any help please?
  16. Looking for recommendations on head unit

I'm looking to replace the head unit in my 1988 Ranger. I kind of want to get a double din small touch screen head unit that's bluetooth. I've seen some small head units that look like a regular radio but when you hit a certain button a small touch screen screen unfolds from the unit and then...
  17. need new speaker recommendations

I'm looking to replace all of the speakers in my 1988 ranger extended cab. The two up in each corner of the dash, and the two that are behind the driver seat and passenger seat. I want top tier speakers that can get really loud without getting fuzzy. Any recommendations??
  18. Rough idle problem

Hi, lately the last few times I've driven my truck when I've started it up and it runs at 1800 rpms (somewhere in that area, its been cold here in virginia so im going to assume thats why it starts off like that to warm up) but my problem is whenever the rpms start to go down to normal idle...
  19. ISO Red Arm Rest for Driver Door Panel

I have a 88 with that classic red interior. I bought it and the door handle on the door panel is missing. Anyone have one I can buy? Also where can I buy the plastic pieces that keep the door panel in the door frame? Thank you
  20. 1988 Ranger Domelight stays on

I have a 1988 Ranger and there was no bulb in the dome light so I replaced it and it still wasn't working. I checked the fuses and it didn't have a fuse so I put one in and then the light came on but I couldn't get it to turn off with the switch. How can I fix it? In order to turn the dome light...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad