• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

Chased the gremlins out of my engine bay, as promised a video and showcase of what milling your heads and porting your intake might result in. still need rocker arms and I got the wrong throttle body. ill keep you guys updated! thanks so much @don4331 for the calculations made this project just...
  2. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

LONG TIME NO POST! been chasing gremlins out of my engine bay but as promised here's a video! let me know your thoughts, thank you all for the help!
  3. Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

Building my 3.0 4x4 for my dad, want to buy stepside 2WD 3.0 And do SHO swap. The bell housings are the same I'd just run a factory taurus ECU and slam it with coilovers Sho internals were forged as well there is one guy who has an incredibly overbuilt sho making 1000 hp
  4. 4 Codes After Head Rebuild

Will test in the AM and see what codes come up. I work at a dealership but diag is still not cheap. What would be the next avenue if there isn't a short in the wire?
  5. 4 Codes After Head Rebuild

Alrighty, found my blown fuse in my charging system. now that I can connect to OBDII I have 4 Trouble codes after rebuilding my heads. P0112 IAT Sen 1 Circuit Low p0113 IAT Sens 1 Circuit High P0123 Throttle/pedal c Pos Sens/Switch A Circuit High P1121 Throttle Pos Sens A Inconsistent With MAF...
  6. Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

I'm chaising a charging system issue. New ground strap, alternator, battery, all since I built my heads, none related. I'll post more when it's tracked down, I'm still dying to see the final results! The main goal of this project was to find out, if a guy found a 3.0 ranger for $500 on Facebook...
  7. Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

If you have PayPal or Venmo dm me I'd love to buy you a beer. It's amazing that my original estimate was so close. 8th digit of my vin is V so I'll probably opt for the E85 route, here in the Midwest it's at every 3rd gas station, 100 octane baby! Took the weekend to slap it back together...
  8. Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

Wow This blew up, Let's Start from the bottom, I made a few discoveries this morning. I'll be dipped in S*** I based my compression ratio off of @evanesce69's post back in 08 but didn't read it in detail where his piston dome size changes the calculation. this means I will be running a much...
  9. Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

Had a bunch of time on my hands as I'm waiting to get my heads back from the machine shop. I've already gasket matched my ports, got the big throttle body and I've ordered 1.7 rocker arms in addition I asked them to cut 30 thou off my heads. I have the domed pistons w/ 49 CC Heads and my napkin...
  10. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

Really happy with how my upper intake turned out! I do not recommend the chemical bath I made to de crust this thing as I was coughing up a lung Wish the lower was a little brighter, it all blends nice when ya stack it together
  11. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

I should have noted I just removed it temporarily to drill and clean the cover so it has the baffle that valve cover came with! The mustang T body is 60mm but there are some BBK 65mm tb's floating around for too much money. Covers are off a 06 Taurus but be careful I've read some Taurus, sable...
  12. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

Polished the valve covers and got to work adapting the Taurus PCV system to work with my factory 3.0. Deleted the hose that goes to the rubber intake tube by the oil cap and put a pod filter on it. The 2 coil pack bolts nearest the cap work well enough to hold the pack on. Ground the mount fins...
  13. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

I got my 99 with a blown 3.0, it has had an 05 Taurus block for the past 40K and will have 06 Taurus heads. I ordered the longer head bolts and the ranger head gaskets, intake gaskets etc. Didn't know it was the valve STEM that changed shoulda figured as 8mm is nothing. Should get the heads back...
  14. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

Picked up a set of 06 Taurus flex fuel heads, unfortunately these were the best option/mile that I had access to. Older years had 8mm exhaust valves and smaller chambers but I'm happy to work with what I got, Machine shop is cutting .0030 off of them and I'm going to lap the valves and port the...
  15. Milling 3.0 Cylinder heads

Got a set of the 49CC Chamber heads off a Taurus with 81K. taking them to the machine shop tomorrow wondering how much I can mill off of them, .0010 seems like the safe bet. I don't run E85 and I'm doing the 5.0L 1.7 rocker arm mod, how much can I cut off?
  16. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

it's virtually the same price to rebuild or get OEM. And one head is cracked so im already headed out to the yard
  17. Shot Valve seats and a cracked head (junkyard head build)

Title says it all, I work at a ford dealer and heads are $390 a side so I'm junkyard hunting for 3.0L heads. The tech library states Pre 99 had 8mm valves, guessing they went down in size to make them cheaper and changed the chamber to help burn E85. I don't run E85 even with gas prices and it...
  18. 3.0 Build

280 on stock internals. you could probably do 325 with pistons, rods, E85 and a sprinkle of boost in the 7-12 Psi range I want to do this route to keep my factory 4WD system and 5 speed, if you have a 2WD a 5.0 Swap would be a much better option. Mustang 5 speed and gap the rings according to...
  19. 3.0 Build

http://www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=36 Rocker arm upgrade bodes well, there's also a supercharger adapter plate for a Pontiac GTP Eaton M90 blower. Id like to put one on my 3.Slow 4X4 but I'm already up to my waist in wiring between my Mazda6 aftermarket ECU and ranger...
  20. No blower motor under engine load

Hey all, owner of a 99 XLT 5 Speed. Under heavy engine load my blower motor shuts off. I know the AC clutch is supposed to shut off under load but this applies to my heat For example I take the interstate home and in 4th gear at 3500 I have no blower fan and 5th gear it comes back unless I put...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad