• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stamina

Wanted 4x4 4 cylinder engine Mount frame brackets

I need the 2.3 engine Mount brackets that bolt to a DANA 35 front crossmember. I got the 2wd ones from a junkyard and they did not fit. I live in NC thanks!!
  2. stamina

2.3L ('83-'97) Need help with 2.3 4x4 motor Mount brackets

Alright, whole truck is torn apart and 2.3 is ready to go in, or so I thought. Come to find out unlike the v6 mounts which bolt directly to the frame crossmember the 4 cylinder mounts bolt to a bracket that then bolts to the frame. I didn’t know this before yesterday evening but figured it out...
  3. stamina

2.3L ('83-'97) easiest low pressure fuel pump setup

im putting a carb setup on my 88 long block, the truck is a stock 4.0 setup/fuel pump. i know i need a lower pressure fuel pump, 5-7 psi from what ive read? what kind of pump do yall recommend and what kind of setup do i need for my 2bbl carb?
  4. stamina

2.3L ('83-'97) want to run carb and dizzwop setup on 88 ranger block/head in 1990 ranger

i have a 1988 ranger 2.3 4 cylinder block + head + accessories, and i want to run as close to the latest model carbed versions of the 2.3 engine (2bbl carb whatever) as possible, i want to use an original ford 2.3 aluminum intake made for a carb. which vehicles have the carbs and intakes i need...
  5. stamina

2.3L ('83-'97) is it possible to keep a/c box with 2.3 turbocoupe/SVO engine in 1990 ranger engine bay

is it possible to keep a/c box with a 2.3 turbo engine in a ranger engine bay? or does the evaporator box need to be swapped out for the NON AC box
  6. stamina

2.3L ('83-'97) late model dual plug ranger head on 88 ranger block/pistons/bottom end

i bought an engine transmission xcase combo on facebook this weekend for $150 which consisted of a 2.3 fully dressed engine, a 4x4 2.3 M5OD, and a BW 13-50. all of which was the original drive train of a 1988 ranger which had EFI, a dizzwop, single plug head, and the wild accessory brackets. im...
  7. stamina

How have y'all mounted your front extended brake lines?

i have the James Duff kit that ive had on for a while now (believe its for 4-6in, i have 4in lift) i have mine routed around the coil behind the sway bar, i got them to stay like this by zip tying them to the coil and sway bar for a month or so. Ive had them like this for a while but I dont like...
  8. stamina

can someone explain why certain 4.0’s have a MAP sensor?

certain 4.0’s in the junkyard, specifically 1990 and 1991, have a MAP sensor (and the MAF sensor) and a plug for it on the wiring harness. in every picture i see of a 4.0 with the MAP the vacuum line to the sensor is not even hooked up and has a small white piece on it. furthermore, i took the...
  9. stamina

adjustable camber bushing ?’s

i am looking at buying some adjustable camber bushings to correct some issues with my friend end alignment and i found a set of MOG bushings that offers “0-4 degrees of adjustment” does that mean in both directions? - and +? i assume you just rotate it 180 to get the desired camber?
  10. stamina

Wanted 7’ dual tank bed

i am looking for an 83-88 dual tank 7’ bed, any color. i live in North Carolina.
  11. stamina

Tom Morana valve cover rails?

they are listed at about $180 for a set of rails, studs, and nuts, they claim to apply even pressure and eliminate leaks on the 2.9 and 4.0 valve covers. has anyone bought these and are they any good? http://www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=32
  12. stamina

what is the flow rate of stock 1992 4.0 fuel injectors

i have found weird things on this question looking for a straight answer.
  13. stamina

98tm vs 95tm 4.0 exhaust manifolds and y pipes

i have a 95tm 4.0 block and heads that i am running on a 92 computer. the 4th cylinder has low compression due to a valve issue so i am going to purchase anew casting head. for whatever reason no company makes new casting 95tm heads anymore (fast-burn chamber + large exhaust ports) they only...
  14. stamina

what fluid for Saginaw TC pump w/ pre 97 steering gear

i have a 1990 ranger that i have gotten an adapter kit and saginaw power steering pump for, it’s almost installed but i have a stinging question, what fluid to use? everything w/ a steering gear by ford uses Type F atf, the saginaw pump from the 04’ liberty calls for just ATF (mercon or...
  15. stamina

low compression on 96tm 4.0 OHV

i put a 1996 OHV block and heads in my ranger when i did the 2.9-4.0 swap, engine had very high amounts of cylinder wear, could catch a nail on every cylinder, particularly cylinders 3 and 4. put new rings and lapped the valves nicely as it was my only option and it was dirt cheap. the rings...
  16. stamina

7.5, 8.8, and dana 35 ?’s

how big of a spacer can the ford 7.5” rear end handle with a 31in tire? i would also like to know how much wider the dana 35 ttb front axle is than the 7.5” in stock forms. also someone mentioned once that the 8.8” is wider and evens this difference is this true? for now i want to even it by...
  17. stamina

rubber/vinyl? OEM ranger floor mats where and what

i was trying to figure out where i can find these floors mats (see pictures). what vehicles do they come out of? was it only a certain trim package on later years? do these actually fit the floor pans in the pre 92 trucks or was this guy just cramming them in there? does anyone have a part #? i...
  18. stamina

2x o2 sensor bung y pipe question

which port should i have my o2 sensor in? the newer y pipe for the 4.0 for the trucks with 2 o2 sensor ports had one closer to the manifold on each side as compared to the 2.9 and early 4.0 y pipe that had 1 o2 sensor bung at the collector. i have the early wiring harness/computer so i have 1 o2...
  19. stamina

best headers/exhaust system for 4.0 ohv

i recently acquired a BBK 66mm throttle body from a junkyard 4.0 and after installing it has genuinely made a change in the way the truck responds when you hit the gas, it’s just plain faster/stronger in every way. on this power trip i am looking for a set of headers for the truck, what have...
  20. stamina

best aftermarket 95TM 4.0 heads?

i am looking for a set of assembled aftermarket heads because mine are worn out and cracked, best i’ve found is King Cylinder Heads, $325 per head, if anyone has already bought a good set for cheaper let me know where!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad