• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rangermilitia

Need help finding California compliant ecu!

I've got an 87 ranger. Manual trans and transfer case. No power windows or locks. No ABS. I WENT TO THE REFEREE station for inspection and it failed because the 4.0l computer I'm using isn't correct and my check engine light isn't hooked up (not the problem). My problem is that nobody can help...
  2. Rangermilitia

4.0 swap, wont pass REFEREE. wrong computer!!?

did a swap in my 87 ranger, put in a 4.0 out of a 93 explorer. need part numbers or info on what to look up. i have an 87 ranger. 4wheel drive. no a/c, no ABS. cant find info anywhere. PLEASE HELP!
  3. Rangermilitia

compression question

So I have 150-160 compression on all 5 cylinders and one cyl has about 120-122psi. Can this cause a fairly noticeable missfire? As the motor heats up it seems to get better. This is a 93 4.0 explorer motor in a 87 ranger
  4. Rangermilitia

4.0 no spark no fuel.. ignition fuse blows.

i have been trying to figure out the wiring on this 4.0 swap... no luck. going by what someone posted in the tech area i hooked up a red/ltgreen from the 4.o harness and a red/ltgreen from the 2.9 driverside harness. but it keeps blowing the ignition fuse. i'm at a loss right now and need some...
  5. Rangermilitia

4.0 swap help on the quuick!

Long storyshort.. 93 explorer 4.0 with auto trans going into 2.9 manual. Need to know if the plate that mates between the motor and trans are different between manual trans and auto?
  6. Rangermilitia

4.0 swap help on the quuick!

Long storyshort.. 93 explorer 4.0 with auto trans going into 2.9 manual. Need to know if the plate that mates between the motor and trans are different between manual trans and auto?
  7. Rangermilitia

first start dies and second runs funny

when i start my truck for the first time in the morning it always dies once with no throttle. when i use throttle it will stay running but very badly, misses and pops through the intake for about 2-5 min. once it warms up its better like nothing is wrong. any ideas?
  8. Rangermilitia

power loss when warmed up.

My ranger runs kick ass in the first initial start up untill i drive about 15 minutes. then it feels like the timing is way off and i have no pick up. everything is up to spec as far as timing goes. i have a replaced tfi module, Coolant Temp sensor, idle air controll, TPS, MAP. so now i have a...
  9. Rangermilitia

Help.. 12 amp draw....

Ok so i have a 12 amp draw i believe.. so far i have disconnected all my lights, pulled all fuses and even disconected the engine controll computer... took out the radio, and un hooked my amplifier.. need suggestions please!!! :bawling:
  10. Rangermilitia

Thexton Breakout Box? anyone familiar?

just bought a breakout box by thexton for my eec-iv, blah blah. anywho, i've never used one, but i'm pretty keen on electrical. the price was right, and my chiltons manual said its a luxury for the everyday person to have. any tips and tricks? the main reason i bought it was because i can't...
  11. Rangermilitia

loss of power till 3,000 RPM????

Very weird, i have a loss of power utill 3,000 rpm. any ideas? 2.9L ranger with 4X4
  12. Rangermilitia

dana 44 knuckle swap.. what hub and spindle?

What spindle would you go for and why. i'm in the middle of trying to see what spindle setup i should go with... any ideas?
  13. Rangermilitia

need voltage values (or more)!! Reward $50

:annoyed:hey, does anyone have or know what the proper voltage paramaters are for a tps sensor? i keep triggering a code 23. but i replaced the tps and it still comes up. looking deeper, i checked connections at ecu and tps, i even opened the loom up to see if i could trace the wire to the ecu...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad